CJC moving to down town mem....eventually

sherpa

http://memphis.bizjournals.com/memphis/stories/2008/11/03/daily32.html?ana=yfcpc

"....Both plans involve moving Colgan Air’s operations to Memphis. Pinnacle CEO Phillip Trenary told the IDB Thursday that the move would help the airline cut costs by operating both the companies subsidiaries in Memphis. Colgan is currently constructing a $7.5 million headquarters in Manassas. Trenary said if Pinnacle's board approved the Memphis expansion, the company would look to sell the Colgan facility.

Pinnacle, which employs 1,248, currently leases space at 1689 and 1785 Nonconnah Blvd.

Its Nonconnah option would involve leasing 130,000 square feet of space in this area. Also, the company would be looking to lease business continuity space, which could be used as back-up operational space in case of an emergency.

The Downtown option would mean leasing 130,000 square feet in an existing office building.

Pinnacle has been targeting the 475,082-square-foot One Commerce Square building at 40 S. Main for more than a year.

SunTrust Bank, Inc.’s lease for 170,000 square feet at One Commerce Square ends in January 2009, clearing the way for a Pinnacle move into the building.

This option also includes leasing business continuity space.

If Colgan moved its national headquarters to Memphis, it would mean the creation of 282 full-time jobs, many of them “decision-making officers,” according to the Industrial Development Board application. "The jobs we want to bring are very good jobs," Trenary said. "I fully expect a lot of these new jobs will come from Memphis.""

Eventually there is going to be integration of everything.

I remember last year when they said nothing would change- it'd always be a Mom & Pop organization just like always.. it's the Colgan FAMILY all the way.

:whatever:

Yep, you can trust Uncle Phil and Uncle Buddy!

Oy.

ALPA in '08. Stand up for your rights.

I remember last year when they said nothing would change- it'd always be a Mom & Pop organization just like always.. it's the Colgan FAMILY all the way.

:whatever:

Yep, you can trust Uncle Phil and Uncle Buddy!

Oy.

ALPA in '08. Stand up for your rights.

You know, that's what infuriates me about the vote last year. Anyone w/ half a brain could see through all the bullcrap mgmt was selling. Um, HELLO PEOPLE....the Colgan's didn't sell the company to continue to run the company. WAKE UP! Yet, so many thought they could insulate themselves from the changes coming down the pike by believing in the 'kool-aid,' as it were.

Fortunately, I think enough stuff has changed over the course of the past year to prevent a repeat vote. Some of the changes have been good......however, the vast majority have been not good/ downright bad.

All I can say is THANKS TO MGMT for helping the pilot group unify. Obviously time will tell.....and the hourglass is draining fast.

I'm pretty sure this is another small step leading up to a complete integration of everything including pilotos

I'm pretty sure this is another small step leading up to a complete integration of everything including pilotos

Actually, that may not be the case here.

Remember, consolidating offices saves money and gives more leverage. What's in it for the company to consolidate pilot groups? That'd effectively unionize Colgan's pilots by default- and management doesn't want that.

Expect management to keep the pilot groups separate so they can play on the division for as long as possible.

Expect management to keep the pilot groups separate so they can play on the division for as long as possible.

Although, if they integrate operations, that opens the door for ALPA to file for single carrier status. If they're separate in seniority lists only, odds are good ALPA will get the single carrier.

Although, if they integrate operations, that opens the door for ALPA to file for single carrier status. If they're separate in seniority lists only, odds are good ALPA will get the single carrier.

I agree- and I think management knows this... therefore would never unify the lists of the their own accord. It makes too strong a case for ALPA.

They are doing that combining of offices at mesaba (with comair and compass) and no word on merging. Who knows if it's legal from a contract or NMB standpoint though.

Well, here's food for thought. Pinnacle was a wholly owned of Northwest and was pumped up with flying to be spun off in an IPO back in 2003. Anyone wanna guess who the CEO was at the time?

Back