CJC MEC response to new fatigue policy.

I have no patience for "professional" pilots acting in a way that would get them fired from a job at McDonalds. Toss out the trash and hire in some people who want to be there.

Never worked at McDonalds have ya :)?

Love ya man, but chill.

I have no patience for "professional" pilots acting in a way that would get them fired from a job at McDonalds. Toss out the trash and hire in some people who want to be there.

I have no patience for crap companies treating employees like worthless slaves and paying them unlivable wages.. THEN they expect them to just take it in the rear constantly and be perfect angels that follow the rules to a T...

Get real.. Im sure the guy took a well needed break to Cancun after the crap I hear goes on at that hole.. good for him!

Pay peanuts.. you get monkeys:crazy:

I have no patience for crap companies treating employees like worthless slaves and paying them unlivable wages.. THEN they expect them to just take it in the rear constantly and be perfect angels that follow the rules to a T...

Get real.. Im sure the guy took a well needed break to Cancun after the crap I hear goes on at that hole.. good for him!

Hehe

:rotfl:

:beer:

Facebook dude, Cancun dude, Crewroom dude, and Commuter dude should all have been fired on the spot.

No, they most certainly should not have been. Progressive discipline should be applied in every instance, meaning it should have been a letter of warning for a first violation, then a short suspension, then a long suspension, and then maybe a termination. Termination should never be used for a first offense unless the offense is something incredibly serious, such as sobotaging equipment or the like.

I understand job related stuff is confidential, and the union isn't going to talk about it, but I hope they looked at these examples and told the pilots they were SOL and it was up to the company to decide their fates. What probably happened is the union wasted a bunch of time defending these clowns leaving less time for them to help represent and work for the pilots who aren't abusing policies.

This is why we have attorneys instead of letting pilots make knee-jerk decisions. If the Association did as you suggest, then every pilot that came after these clowns that actually had real legitimate objections to discipline would be screwed, because the company would be able to use the terminations of these pilots as precedent for terminations without due process and without progressive discipline. The company would never again (during the term of that contract) have to use a progressive discipline concept or provide pilots with due process.

Todd,

Small favor. . .

When referring to the Association, would you please do it in the following syntax:

THE Association.

Much thanks. ;)

Come on, people: you were smart enough to learn how to fly airplanes, but learning how to use Facebook's privacy settings is too difficult?

Come on, this is just what I was talking about. Look how many posts have bought into the managements plan to include the flight attendants with the pilots fatigue policy so they can show that too many people abuse it. you are saying that a person is smart enough to fly airplanes but can't use the privacy settings, so you are saying the person was a pilot when it was a flight attendant! Give credit where credit is due - be smart about this.

Separate fatigue policies. The IMSAFE is a pilot checklist.

Back