CJC Flight Attendant Contract Highlights

That's great advice. I'm certain, once the vote succeeds this year, we will be calling your contract guys for advice on where the pitfalls are in your contract. Let's make both our contracts better!!!

That's great advice. I'm certain, once the vote succeeds this year, we will be calling your contract guys for advice on where the pitfalls are in your contract. Let's make both our contracts better!!!

Word. If ya need help, my number's available. :)

The part I find interesting is section 5H5, the bit about the meal period. You want a meal period, but will forego it as long as you are paid. What kind of message does that send? Vital physiological needs will be ignored as long as your are compensated for it!?

If something is fundamental to the job, and I would think proper nutrition qualifies, then it is not either/or. It should be "Flight Attendants will get a meal break." Period. End of sentence.

Makes me wonder what else will be compromised for a few bucks.

Hey, we agree for once! The Pinnacle FA's contract has the same nonsense. Basic physiological needs shouldn't be negotiated away for more pay.

Hey, we agree for once! The Pinnacle FA's contract has the same nonsense. Basic physiological needs shouldn't be negotiated away for more pay.

And you've got FAs here that will try to talk the CA into manipulating the time so they can get paid more, too.

FA: "Can you wait a bit to drop the brake? A few more minutes and I can get some extra $$. I brought my lunch, so I don't care."
Me: "Sorry. I'm hungry, and I didn't bring mine."

Amen to that! I'm glad to get the extra hour pay--but I'd gladly give it up in order to E-A-T...
Much more important, IMHO. :)

Back