Civilian Route?

JWages

Currently, I'm saving to get my Private License, but once that is completed, where do you start to getting your commercial license?

Currently, I'm saving to get my Private License, but once that is completed, where do you start to getting your commercial license?

Same place, but youll want your IFR before that.

Commercial checkride is pretty much the same thing, just tighter standards.

With your PPL completed and you have about 50xcountry hours you can start your instrument rating, which you will need if you want to efficiently get to another airport and also in weather. After you do that you need to fly for a while until you meet the requirements for your commercial.

With your PPL completed and you have about 50xcountry hours you can start your instrument rating, which you will need if you want to efficiently get to another airport and also in weather. After you do that you need to fly for a while until you meet the requirements for your commercial.

I guess I just don't understand how you get licensed. I understand if I'm flying a private plane I can get my private license, but how does that help you get your commercial?

There is no difference between the planes you can fly with a private certificate and a commercial. The magic phrase is "privilages and limitations."

With a Private certificate you can not fly for compensation or hire. With a commercial you CAN. Basically you can't fly for money with just a private...can with a commercial.

Any flight instructor that can give instruction for a private pilot license can also give instruction and a sign offs for a commercial certificate. The checkride for a commercial certificate has to be done in a complex airplane as someone stated above. A complex airplane is an aircraft that has a retractable landing gear, flaps, and controlable pitch propellor. It might sound complicated but a good instructor will make it seem easy. Your also going to need somewhere between 200-250 hours in an airplane before you are allowed to take your checkride. Which is why you should go for your instrument rating, you will use those hours toward getting your commercial.

If i had to do it all over again knowing what i know now. I would have done my private then instrument. Then went and got my private multi engine rating and done my time building with these guys(www.multi-enginetimebuilding.com) and then did my commercial ratings once i had 250 hours. I would have saved many thousands of dollars.

Yeah. I actually did one of their 50 hours blocks last year. Worked out well and actually got to fly coast to coast. Something the flight schools dont do. If you need to build time for a commercial rating or something it could save you lots of money over time building at your local airport. There is only so many trips in the local pattern one can tolerate. I wish i knew about this sort of thing earlier.

Back