Citations and grass runways

After v1 there is no stopping.

Like SteveC alluded, there may be times when the plane is too sick to fly, and getting airborne will be guaranteed death, as opposed to an abort past V1 which may only be possible death. It's the difference between having 2-pairs, or 3 of a kind: both crappy hands overall, wih one only slightly better than the other.

B727Lucapa_022.jpg

Not as cool as a 727 full of product, but a Do328 on a grass runway.

2e6149adc75ff0728ab577b7757f0c8c.jpg

The 727 and 737 both have gravel kits available for them. Northern Air Cargo has a 737-200 with the kit installed on it.

sorry not in english

That is freaking awesome! I want that job.

It has to be really hard on the plane. But the 727, as @Derg can attest to, is built like a tank and can take it.

TMK the 727 just gets reinforced fuel tanks. The deflectors are installed on all 727 main gear to keep water and other debris out the engine.

The 737 gets the fuel tanks reinforced, a special deflector on the nose gear, and metal tube that eject bleed air in front of the engine the break up the vortex and keep debris from being ingested off the unimproved field.

Air-Mike-Boeing-727-100-landing-on-coral-runway.png

My pops used to fly em off crushed coral (at places like Truk) during his time at Air-Mic in the late 70's early 80's. Said it was the most fun flying he ever did. Just a pic I found online, not him that I know of.

We have talked before. My dad was there in the early 70's and again in the late 70's and early 80's. I thought I would add a video from the late 60's. I got to ride in the DC-6B.

No idea, they used the call sign "Dagger 61", which really blends in at Indiantown (X58).

I'm pretty sure @Capt. Chaos spotted that in Ketchikan. It gets around.

I saw one at SDL recently with no N number and guys with green flight suits running around the FBO. Same paint.

I found this article about the DO's owner.

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/check-out-the-us-department-of-state-air-wings-shadowy-1634123990

Back