Citation Type Rating

AV8R_N8

Hello. I am considering getting a type rating for a Cessna Citation, for the experience, and also to make me more marketable to the airlines. I was looking at the program that ATP has. Its a 4 day program. 1st day is ground, 2nd is ground, sim, & flight. 3rd is ground, sim, & flight. and 4th is a checkride. They send you Training material before you start for you to go over. Being where I am at right now. Commercial Multi-Engine Instrument Pilot, with about 550 hours, and 100 hours multi, will it be pretty difficult to do such a rating without any previous Turbine time? I am pretty determined in aviation, and when it comes to learning something new, I could do it all day and all night. But the thing that concerns me the most is stepping up from a Beechcraft Duchess that cruises at about 140 knots straight to a Cessna Citation which I am assuming has an approach speed somewhere close to 140 knots. Anyone have any comments, tips? Thanks in advance.

Let me preface the following by asking, why did you post this in the Checkride section? Let me continue....

A Citation type rating will take you to the top, no doubt.
You will quickly adjust and become a master of more complex turbine systems in a matter of days. Albiet a Slowtation.

Hey pal, this is about the 50th time I've seen this thread and every answer has been the same......A Citation type rating and 50 cents will get you a cup of coffee at 7-11. Build more time, let someone pay for your type rating. Oh yeah...there are piston twins that approach faster than some straight wing Citations, that 140kts is waaaaay fast.....

I'm a little surprised at your response Baronman - are you telling me that you can really get a cup of coffe for $.50?? It's more like a buck around here if you want more than 6 ozs.
cool.gif

Jason

Jason,
If you weren't a Starbucks Ja-mocha-choco-carmel-cafe-late coffee addict, you'd find that at 7-11 they make a cheap cup of coffee!!
Best of luck with your .50 cup,
Baronman
grin.gif

Actually I very rarely drink coffee - I can't believe how much we pay to have Starbucks on the airplane!
Of course sometimes when our stash is a little low we just use regular coffee and use Starbucks cups - nobody ever knows the difference.
cool.gif

Jason

Back