Chose FSI!!

Cav

Former Maddog Whisperer
After a recent visit I felt that FSI was definitely the place for me. I just paid my initial deposit. Can't wait! Hopefully I will be auditing the PPL ground school starting on May 5th. My question is, what are some thoughts on living arrangements. I thought I'd stay in the dorms until I meet some people and could get an apt. I definitely want to save some cash. Thoughts? Also, how long do you typically have from the time you finish the PPL ground school audit until you start the next phase?

I liked living on campus, they have 3 bedroom apartments for $16 a night. It's very convenient, and is a good place to start. There are usually flyers posted for rooms or apartments that are a little less expensive, and most of the social life seems to revolve around where you live. Not much on campus.

After private audit you are scheduled for commercial ground school. I met my CFI and began Step 1a during the private audit. Note that there is no requirement to fly during any ground school. Getting a prop turn time of 0630 followed by an afternoon ground school is rough, so I didn't fly much during ground schools.

I'd recommend living off campus. I lived on campus for 4 months or so. It was OK, but after a while you start to go crazy in those tiny rooms...Besides, off campus works out to be the same price (plus or minus a little) and you actually have room to breathe.

STAY AWAY FROM THE PINES OF VERO!

Congrats on your decision....you'll love it! Flying full time is a great way to live...

Chunk

[ QUOTE ]
I'd recommend living off campus. I lived on campus for 4 months or so. It was OK, but after a while you start to go crazy in those tiny rooms...Besides, off campus works out to be the same price (plus or minus a little) and you actually have room to breathe.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok tell me where you used to live? I tried to find a place and seem to have a bit of trouble any ideas?

How Close is it to St. Lucie Aiport (aka Fort Pierce International? aka FPR aka home of Pan Am)?

Vero Beach Municipal is about 8 miles north of Fort Pierce, the two class D airspaces abutt each other. About 15 minutes in car. 5 minutes in a Cadet.

Yeah I'm going to live on campus. The idea of serviced rooms is a little too hard to resist Besides it will save me from having to buy furniture, a car and a whole lot of other expenses, all of which I would probably have to end up selling again anyhow.

Well I certainly hope there aren't many parties on campus! That was half my problem at college, no matter what day it was, there was a party going on somewhere! and more often than not, in my apartment! eek, not good for studying at all!

Back