Chit Chat

With us we have some paperwork to do, takes about 30 min or so.

then one of us will go and check on the pax, point out where the cocktails are (it's self serve)

Get all the charts and App plates put away and out of the day book left by whoever flew the airplane before.

Plus we discuss things like, I bet the next freq will be xxx.x or get the Wx at destination, more paperwork.. there is always plenty to do..

If we are empty, then either the Capt or I will go back and clean up the cabin, saves time when we get home...

Then if it's real long, and you are the PNF... grab a book.

For us 4hrs is a long flight.

Oh I forgot drink coffee.. (we use starbucks)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I heard somewhere that that according to FAA rules, no pilot is allowed to have uneccessary reading materials in the cockpit. Or would that only be part 121?

AA used to have a rule that says crew could not read anything but AA printed stuff in flight which seemed really dumb. As if the crews should not read for safety sake, then why are AA manuals exempt?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I heard somewhere that that according to FAA rules, no pilot is allowed to have uneccessary reading materials in the cockpit. Or would that only be part 121?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno, I have never read the pt 121 rules.

As for 135, I have never seen those rules.

Also, as much of a shock as it may be. *sometimes* pilots do not follow the rules exactly.

Flame on if you want to tell me how bad that is.... I am pretty good at ignoring those types of flames.

[ QUOTE ]
Flame on if you want to tell me how bad that is.... I am pretty good at ignoring those types of flames.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on Eagle, be honest.

If by ignoring you mean dumping gallons of flamable liquid on them, then yes, you are great at "ignoring" those kinds of posts!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
AA used to have a rule that says crew could not read anything but AA printed stuff in flight which seemed really dumb. As if the crews should not read for safety sake, then why are AA manuals exempt?

[/ QUOTE ]

So you just get a bunch of AA stickers and plaster them to the covers of your books and magazines!!
grin.gif

My flights are seldom longer than a couple hours, but it's mostly chit-chat for me (depending on the personality of the person sitting in the other seat). Jepp revisions are a great way to kill some time. I've been known to crack a magazine or a book, or run through the ADF frequencies for some good Musica Mexicana. I've flown with some pretty senior captains who will nod off. I love flying over the southwest on clear days. I'll spend a lot of time just looking out the window!

Back