Childish games.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airdale

I don't understand why pilots, mainly Regional pilots, like to play childish games?

An XJT pilot or two claimed to deny jumpseats to RAH pilots because of this Midwest deal. I understand that they do not represent the majority of XJT pilots. In fact, I have a lot of respect for XJT pilots and I've got some good friends working there.

It just amazes me how very uneducated tool bags in this industry, probably wearing their Ipod and backpack sporting their shiney spikey hair, can use words such as "Scabs" and "Deny Jumpseat" when they have no idea what they are talking about.

To any unenlightened idiot, here's a few short facts.

There is nothing RAH pilots can do about this Midwest deal. Unless we can approve some sort of legal Union action, like a strike, we have to go to work. Even if its in our airplanes painted in purple and white. This doesn't make us scabs, we're not crossing picket lines and its not struck work. If that were the case, you bet that there would be legal grounds to refuse the flying. Well thats not the case, and if called upon by our company to operate these aircraft, you have 2 choices. 1, refuse it and lose your job. 2, shut up and fly hoping you don't get sniped by a Midwest pilot.

Many of our pilots have families with kids to feed and keep safe under a roof. These guys can not take such drastic measures like refusing to fly under this deal. Refusing the work without legal protection, ie. Strike vote etc. , is career suicide and certainly family suicide as your wife will leave you and take the kids.

RAH is in the business just like any other Regional airline. Don't be angry that RAH just happens to be utilizing a former mainline aircraft that unfortunately holds a niche in this market that continues to grow and prosper. When you know damn well that if your RJ operator had a chance to bring 170's on property you'd be tripping over yourself to sign the deal, especially seeing how the 170 market continues to grow while the 50 seat lift continues to shrink.

You can live in your own little Disney world dream land thinking that you can change things in this industry. Many of us don't like the direction this market is going. 170's should not be at a Regional, just like our troops shouldn't be in Iraq. Face the facts and play the hand your dealt with. Many of the pilots who came to RAH did so because in an industry full of instability, RAH provides more stability than any other Regional with the 170's. With mainline jobs shrinking, its time to rethink the best course to chart with your family the primary interest. Bedford might be cut throat at times and very aggressive, but when you have a family to provide for and this is your career, Bedford couldn't be a better CEO to ensure you've got a job. He stormed into CHQ and grew this company to 2300 pilots strong with jobs across multiple codeshares. While we may still have guys on temporary furlough, its just a matter of short time before those guys are back to work, myself included.

I don't like the fact that thousands of mainline jobs are gone by the way of Regional lift providers. If I could make a wish on my crystal ball it would be that all flying is on a mainline seniority list. If something like that is to ever happen, the childish games pilots play need to end. When you are willing to spit on pilots from another company, then there will never be unity and these mainline jobs will have zero chance to be restored.

I think we all know where this industry is heading, whether you like it or not, you're either on board or you're off. I feel for the pilots at Midwest, and I hope for their sake they take whatever they have left at Midwest and let the Airline sink. If I could do something to help those guys with their jobs, believe me I would.

If you want to play childish games and throw poo at our pilot group, go ahead. If you want to deny jumpseats, expect the same on your commute home. We're no different than you. Just pilots trying to make a living doing what we love. Until RAH pilots operate an alter ego carrier, cross picket lines or fly struck work, than leave the Scab comments to what you have left on your pecker from playing with it all day because you've got nothing better to do.

Republic pilots are good people...we don't deserve to be stoned for working here. /rant

XJT pilot said:
It is time that ALPA stands up against RAH. It makes me sick to my stomach on how the Midwest pilots are getting screwed by RAH. These RAH pilots are nothing more than (bad word) and Scabs. Some of you say, its a MGMT issue. No, it is not. These pilots choose to work for RAH and their mgmt pukes. They are going to go into MKE and fly their 170's for Midwest. While Midwest pilots are going to be on the street. This should be an outrage every pilot that works here at XJT.

We need to take a stand against this. I think we should deny every single RAH pilot a jumpseat period. No questions ask. If something is not done, this is only going to continue. For those of you who defend RAH and their pilots shame on you. RAH is now a true bottom feeder. They are no different than GoJet's IMO. I refuse to take GoJet people and now I am going to refuse to take RAH pilots based on how they are (bad word) over Midwest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJT pilot
It is time that ALPA stands up against RAH. It makes me sick to my stomach on how the Midwest pilots are getting screwed by RAH. These RAH pilots are nothing more than (bad word) and Scabs. Some of you say, its a MGMT issue. No, it is not. These pilots choose to work for RAH and their mgmt pukes. They are going to go into MKE and fly their 170's for Midwest. While Midwest pilots are going to be on the street. This should be an outrage every pilot that works here at XJT.

We need to take a stand against this. I think we should deny every single RAH pilot a jumpseat period. No questions ask. If something is not done, this is only going to continue. For those of you who defend RAH and their pilots shame on you. RAH is now a true bottom feeder. They are no different than GoJet's IMO. I refuse to take GoJet people and now I am going to refuse to take RAH pilots based on how they are (bad word) over Midwest.

It is a shame what Midwest has done to their pilots but you cannot blame the Republic pilots for either flying or losing their job. In today's airline world no one is going to be the first to stand up to mgmt and say they won't fly those routes then get canned and have no where else to go. No one would do it, even that XJT guy who wrote the ignorant comment, because at the end of the day we all have bills to pay. It's easy to say what one pilot group should do but its harder to back up what you say when its your decision to fly or flip burgers. Anyone is welcome to my jumpseat (as long as the captain approves haha) because we are all just trying to get from point A to B to do our jobs.

Did this actually happen or is an 'internet rumor'?

It was written on an express jet forum. Now granted I have read the thread over there and 99% of the other xjt guys disagree with this person. We all have a few of the chest thumping keyboard jockeys but someone needs to smash his keyboard over his head.

Unfortunately, this was quoted from some XJT tool (which I don't even think he's a verified XJT pilot, so he may just be a troll on their site) on the public portion of their pilot website.

His opinion is not indicitave of the entire XJT pilot group. To read the entire thread in question, you can find it pretty easy with a search.

Also, for what it's worth, the original poster is not a verified XJT pilot.

Apologies to the RAH guys on behalf of the crackpipe.

Bob

Unfortunately, this was quoted from some XJT tool (which I don't even think he's a verified XJT pilot, so he may just be a troll on their site) on the public portion of their pilot website.

Thanks for the clarification.

Smells trollish.

But what you can suggest to your friend is to have his jumpseat coordinator contact THEIR jumpseat coordinator and handle it professionally. Not a darned thing has even been solved on the internets. ESPECIALLY on an internet forum with anonymity.

Contact your appropriate Jumpseat committee, and Professional Standards committee.

But, sometimes that might not seem like a viable option to those who fail to grasp the amount of volume available to them at their disposal - use your union. . .dues are being paid, and spent, might as well utilize the services.

Didnt Skywest take over the Midwest flying? Or Are we talking about RAH and Mid Atlantic?

ok, i figured it out. Sorry about that. I have been out on vacation for a bit. haha....Are they going to be flying as Midwest express or as Midwest Airlines?

Is that you over there trolling on the pipe? Or did you copy/paste someone else's post?
http://www.expressjetpilots.com/the-pipe/pipe/26731-no-jumpseat-rah-pilots-5.html#post268969

If so hats off on the excellent contributions:

RepublicPilot (aka Airdale?)

Wow, this thread confirms what most of the industry already believes - ExpressJet pilots are ###### bags.

With idiots like "xjet615" spouting off with their ridiculous uneducated rants, its no wonder why your pilot group gets labeled as such.

Some of you need to check the history of your own company before you go mouthing off about Republic pilots. When you walk off your job site because your company steals mainline jobs, than maybe the rest of the world will humor you.

What a bunch of bitches.

http://www.expressjetpilots.com/the...est-pilots-taking-up-pooper-6.html#post269099
And since you flamed over there at someone for not posting their real name, you can post it in this thread for us.

Its probably someone that still cant get over CHQ "stealing" XJTs flying a couple of years ago.

That or someone that likes playing innerweb dickhead.

Its like freaking middle school drama. I would have though a group of professionals would be above the antics of 13 year olds.

Its like freaking middle school drama. I would have though a group of professionals would be above the antics of 13 year olds.
I've never in my life thought "man those pilots at _____ are bleep bleep, I'm going to go flame them on their message board to teach them a lesson!". It doesn't surprise me at all that there are people who do it though.

Can't say I've ever thought of doing such a thing either.

But I'm sure there are those amongst us who forget to grow up - at times, or all the time.

Hell, I have a mortgage, car payment, bills and #### to take care of. Last thing I give a damn about is some interweb fued between RAH and XJT. Whatever. . .

Like I said, if there are real jumpseat issues occuring there are avenues to fix or mitigate any problems or issues. Second, if there is a professional standards problem an avenue exists for that as well.

Only a slightly related note, where the hell is Stone Cold to come in and tell you boys to keep other forum antics and their BS on their forum and not bring it here on JC. He seems to be Johnny on the Spot whenever I even allude to another forum even when I don't dare post anything I've read elsewhere here. Whatever.

I'm late to the game, but I saw enough posts in this thread that triggered my "spidee sense" to think that this one's mostly not going well...

Good night thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back