Checkride!!!!!!!!!!!

E_Dawg

Just letting everyone know that my instrument ride is scheduled for Saturday!!!!!!!!!!! Whether or not I will be instrument rated Saturday has yet to be seen! Ahhhhhh! The good money's on a reschedule due to wx despite the fact that the last two weeks have been severe clear.
smirk.gif

Ahhh the instrument checkride .... just remember to relax, have fun, and pretend you're going into a 200' ceiling with your entire family onboard ... that will help you make sure you tripple check everything and don't leave anything to chance .... this was by far my favorite checkride i'm sure you'll enjoy it ....

[ QUOTE ]
Ahhh the instrument checkride .... just remember to relax, have fun, and pretend you're going into a 200' ceiling with your entire family onboard ... that will help you make sure you tripple check everything and don't leave anything to chance .... this was by far my favorite checkride i'm sure you'll enjoy it ....

[/ QUOTE ]

good lord...i've never heard someone speak quite so fond of a checkride
smile.gif
Lol...I cant say that I have ever enjoyed one....i've endured a few though
smile.gif
Good advice about having yoru family onboard though...never thought about it like that before.

Ed - best of luck buddy! I hope all goes well, I am quite confident it will!!

Although pretending your family is on board is a good idea, the last thing I think you need on your mind is the thought of your sisters squabbling in the back! It is hard enough concentrating on the TV with them in the room, let alone flying an airplane down to MDA.

I feel I should share the story of my instrument checkride....worrying about it does no good....I was so scared I was going to fail mine that I did....I was so nervous that I couldnt even track a VOR!!! After that I realized that being nervous does no good....I know its imposible to not be nervous about a checkride, but...only to a certain extent...just do your best man, and I do wish you good luck....

Ed!! G'luck!! Knock the bottom out of that thang!!! You'll do fine.

BTW - I'm about three weeks behind you.... hopefully!!

R2F

You don't strike me the kind of person who'll ever get a pink slip. Go prove me right.

I actually thought the IFR checkride was easier than the private, just go out there and do the approaches the same way you've been doing them with your CFI and it'll be a walk in the park.

[ QUOTE ]
You don't strike me the kind of person who'll ever get a pink slip. Go prove me right.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW WHAT A COMPLIMENT!!!! Thanks!!! April fools, right?
grin.gif

Seriously though... I was looking at the forecasts and blah... looks like rain is on the way. Did I call that or what?!?

Oh well in any case I'll be sure to make a huge announcement when I do get it (whenever that is!).

Back