http://www.tuskegeeairmen.org/National_Historic_Site.html

National Historic Site

About the Tuskegee Airmen

Moton Field Grand Opening Schedule
*ALL Times CST

Friday, October 10, 2008

9:00 AM - Static Aircraft Display

1:30 PM - Historic Site Ribbon Cutting Ceremony

2:30 PM-4:30 PM - Public Guided Tours (limited to groups of 50)

7:00 PM - Lonely Eagles Theatrical Production-(TBD)

Saturday, October 11, 2008

9:00 AM - Static Aircraft Display

9:00 AM - Historic Site Tours, Panel Discussions

12:00 PM - Porgy and Bess Theatrical Production at the Chappie James Arena

6:00 PM - Evening Gala "Honoring Tuskegee Airmen" (ticketed event) at the Renaissance Hotel

Sunday, October 12, 2008

9:30 AM - "Tuskegee University Day" Special Recognition Service at the Tuskegee University Chapel (Hosted By Dr. Benjamin F. Payton)

Brunch immediately following the service (invitation only) at the Tuskegee University Kellogg Conference Center

Guided tours of Tuskegee University, the George Washington Carver Museum and the Daniel "Chappie" James Center are open to the public

*Schedule subject to change

Attachments

• newweblogo2_ha5i.jpg
    newweblogo2_ha5i.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 27
If I wasn't working that weekend, I would fly out there. I have family in VA, so I would have a place to stay. But I have to make a living.

I don't understand why there isn't much interest in this Grand Event? Going to this opening, is like going to an airshow. You know where you meet all of aviation's greatest Mavericks and Aces. Well, I'm going to try to make it.

I don't understand why there isn't much interest in this Grand Event? Going to this opening, is like going to an airshow. You know where you meet all of aviation's greatest Mavericks and Aces. Well, I'm going to try to make it.

These guys were black, though. They didn't really contribute much . . . :sarcasm:

I would go, but I'll be sitting in a class at Flight Safety.

On a side note. . . I was at the Air & Space Museum the other day for a bit, and wondered why there's only a small "wall" by the hallway . . . very odd to me.

If I'm off. . .hell yeah I'll be there.

October bidding hasn't started yet, but thanks for posting this.

Is this a public even though? How many people are they expecting? I'd rather be able to go through the museum on my own time rather than in a guided tour.

Back