Cheapest Jepp's Stuff

cime_sp

Cheapest Jepp\'s Stuff

Where have you guys been able to find the cheapest Jeppesen gear....subscription or otherwise.

Re: Cheapest Jepp\'s Stuff

Ive never seen the word Jepp and cheap in the same sentance before.....guess you see something new everyday.
wink.gif

For $35, the Jepp IFR charts are the cheapest pieces o' $&*! you'll ever see
grin.gif

Now you've seen it twice!

Well, I didnt mean cheap in quality. I think they do have high quality items, but they sure have no qualms about charging you your first born in return!
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I didnt mean cheap in quality. I think they do have high quality items, but they sure have no qualms about charging you your first born in return!
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of their stuff is decent...

I don't think their flight gear is great quality be any means. I have a Cencal flight bag (paid good money for it) and it seems to be holding up "tons" better than some of the Jepp's I have seen around.

Their training materials, i.e. books, are the best things they make....other than that, you are just paying for a brand name.\

Just my opinion.

I'm looking for somewhere that would sell the enroute charts by themselves. I Don't mind the government plates so much, but I can't stand the enroute...Jepp offers it but I can't find anywhere that sells it.

If you go to Jepps website they have a list of authorized dealers. Im sure you will find someone on that list that is within a short drving/flying distance that has what you want in stock.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking for somewhere that would sell the enroute charts by themselves. I Don't mind the government plates so much, but I can't stand the enroute...Jepp offers it but I can't find anywhere that sells it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you go to Jeppesen's website , you can order all of the charts.

If you are a NAFI member, you can get Jepp stuff through some company (in the NAFI mag. there is an ad) for like 30% off. I think it may only be the "kits" though. Worth checking into. I am visiting family in NY and don't have any NAFI mags. here, otherwise I'd post a link.

[ QUOTE ]
I am visiting family in NY and don't have any NAFI mags. here, otherwise I'd post a link.

[/ QUOTE ]

Suuuuuuuuuuure. You just want to hog the discount!
cool.gif

tongue.gif

Actually, I've never used it. I quit my instructing gig right after I read about it.

Suuuuuuuure. Says the fancy-shmansy Bonanza pilot!
grin.gif

How is that working out, btw. The new gig that is. Is it what you expected? Are you happy with it so far? What's the price of tea in China?
cool.gif

Its going good. Not building as much time quantity-wise as I was when I was instructing, but I'm getting to travel around a lot, and building lots of HP/Complex/XC/Instrument time, which is good quality time. The amount of flying is picking up though, and I'll be doing lots more come spring when the ice starts to become less of an issue.

...as for the price of tea in China- I'm not too sure on that. The only tea that I care for comes straight from a certain island here in NY.
wink.gif
cool.gif

Back