Chair stealers at the airport. Grrrr!

mrivc211

Do you ever get to a gate, find a seat, leave your bags in front of your seat, go check in for the jumpseat, return to find someone has moved your bags and sat in your seat? Slapping them like a child would be letting them off easy. The only small redemption I have is when I show up and they see that they've stolen the pilots seat. Some feel stupid some don't. The day I retire is the day I finally let loose on these people.

On my last flight home from atl on a 757, a passenger yelled at me for trying to move their garment bag that was layed out across the entire overhead bin. It was the last bin. An entire bin, for a garment bag.

On my last flight home from atl on a 757, a passenger yelled at me for trying to move their garment bag that was layed out across the entire overhead bin. It was the last bin. An entire bin, for a garment bag.

I would have just said, "OK, I won't move it," and then would have put my rollaboard right on top of their bag.

This irks me. Airline flying is CLEARLY shared transportation, yet there's always a faction of passengers that truly believe their $150 coast-to-coast ticket entitles them to owning the entire airplane. I firmly believe that the majority of passengers don't think this way, but unfortunately we tend to bump into the "that guy" faction of ballast.

Go to the two minute mark:

[yt]-LkusicUL2s[/yt]

I had the same thought (chair stealers) the other day. Hasn't ever happened to me but I witnessed it.

Do you ever get to a gate, find a seat, leave your bags in front of your seat, go check in for the jumpseat, return to find someone has moved your bags and sat in your seat? Slapping them like a child would be letting them off easy. The only small redemption I have is when I show up and they see that they've stolen the pilots seat. Some feel stupid some don't. The day I retire is the day I finally let loose on these people.

I would have put my bag on top of the garment bag, actually I would have told the person, here's the deal, I am going to put my bag up here, do you want my bag on top of, or next to yours? (your choice douchbag)

Exellent youtube find! Thats was pretty funny.

I've ran into a share of chair stealers also. Most surprising one that happened to me, at a wall corner (between window and wall) in terminal, i had my bags in the corner in front of the window by the chair (3 seats connected together), and im standing-to talk on my cellphone-maybe 6 feet away from the chair. And i'm a 6 ft tall person-so i'm not standing a mile away here.
Then a guy goes right up, and takes the seat because he discovered a power outlet, just to be plugged in for a moment before boarding starts.

Had to pull of alittle side to side maneuver to get my bags clear of the guy to leave. Geesh what an artard.

Next time you have a seat saved and someone steals it look em square in the eye and say "did the janitor already come and clean the poop from that kids diaper off of the chair?" "I put my bag here so nobody would sit in it." Then enjoy the sight of them examining their backside.

Or what about the people seated in the back of a plane who put their stuff in an overhead in the front of a plane? Then I have to put my stuff farther back in the plane... then when it is time to get off I have to wait for people to leave from the back of the plane (who pull stuff out of the overhead by my seat), before I can go back and get my stuff all the way in the back by their seat. I think there is a special place in hell for these people.

Or what about the people seated in the back of a plane who put their stuff in an overhead in the front of a plane? Then I have to put my stuff farther back in the plane... then when it is time to get off I have to wait for people to leave from the back of the plane (who pull stuff out of the overhead by my seat), before I can go back and get my stuff all the way in the back by their seat. I think there is a special place in hell for these people.
I see your predicament, but I tend to be the last to board and if an open bin presents itself on the way back to my seat, I'll stash my roller in there before continuing back to my seat. Makes it easier to walk a few steps, grab it and keep on goin.

I would have just said, "OK, I won't move it," and then would have put my rollaboard right on top of their bag.

I was jumpseating on a 777 home the other day. A couple was in first class and took an entire overhead bin for their small backpack roller. I asked if I could move it to one side to fit my roller and the guy said in broken english "Ittt wooont fit".

As soon as I heard that, I just disregarded him, pushed it aside and through it up there. From now on I'm not going to ask.

Me to the chair stealer ...oh you sat in that sit? Oh boy! See I had my stuff blocking the seat because one of the passengers' kid wet himself in that seat. You might want to go to the bathroom and check yourself out!

Sit in the seat when the culprit gets up. badabing badaboom!

Me to the chair stealer ...oh you sat in that sit? Oh boy! See I had my stuff blocking the seat because one of the passengers' kid wet himself in that seat. You might want to go to the bathroom and check yourself out!

Hahahah, brilliant:laff:

well it takes a really ignorant person to move it in the first place. Plus Who the hell yells at a pilot? seirousley... On the other hand i have stolen a pilots seat on accadent. His bags were kinda to the side of the chair so i dident think that anyone was sitting there. so i just sat down. well he came back and jokingly said "so you like stealing your pilots seat ehhh?" i said Oh im sorry and moved over one seat. (I was traveling alone)(im also 16 and also want to become a pilot hince the name future pilot) Anywayse it turned out pretty good because he told me a bunch about flying. and how to accomplish my Life long goal of becoming a commercial airline pilot.

Post of the day.

Back