CFP

BravoHotel

I am in class two of eight working towards to be a Certified Financial Planner.

So far, eye opening information, unless you seek out a financial education a lot of this stuff isn't taught in non financial curriculums.

In this class, as far I can tell I'm on the only one with out a financial industry background.

Are there any other pilots who do professional financial advising on the side? I am interested in your stories, suggestions and/or general knowledge of Do's and Don'ts.

I will continue to update and expand.

I am in class two of eight working towards to be a Certified Financial Planner.

So far, eye opening information, unless you seek out a financial education a lot of this stuff isn't taught in non financial curriculums.

In this class, as far I can tell I'm on the only one with out a financial industry background.

Are there any other pilots who do professional financial advising on the side? I am interested in your stories, suggestions and/or general knowledge of Do's and Don'ts.

I will continue to update and expand.
Everyone I know says that I should be a CFP. I've always wanted to do a CFP course or accounting. I am sometimes known to read the IRS pubs en route.

Everyone I know says that I should be a CFP. I've always wanted to do a CFP course or accounting. I am sometimes known to read the IRS pubs en route.
You get your certs so I can hire you. I'm admittedly not super active in my 'financials' compared to others and most can talk circles around me. Just doesn't concern me as much as it perhaps should though we've made smart investments here & there. I'm more the, "put my money into the 2045 Fund" than actively managing type. Looking at getting a local CFF, as some more guidance isn't a bad thing.

You get your certs so I can hire you. I'm admittedly not super active in my 'financials' compared to others and most can talk circles around me. Just doesn't concern me as much as it perhaps should though we've made smart investments here & there. I'm more the, "put my money into the 2045 Fund" than actively managing type. Looking at getting a local CFF, as some more guidance isn't a bad thing.
That's not a bad way to start. I think those funds are usually a bit too conservative and some can have a bit higher fees when you can mirror what they are doing.

That's not a bad way to start. I think those funds are usually a bit too conservative and some can have a bit higher fees when you can mirror what they are doing.
Yeah I've chatted with plenty of folks who self manage pretty well, I've just never taken the time to learn the finer points. I'd rather be on the trails or in my garage than playing day trader, so paying someone to manage it is more my speed perhaps. Though, I contrast that with the boatloads of money we've saved doing our own home renovations and cringe at paying other people to do it since I have the know how.

Might be worth learning some new tricks...

Yeah I've chatted with plenty of folks who self manage pretty well, I've just never taken the time to learn the finer points. I'd rather be on the trails or in my garage than playing day trader, so paying someone to manage it is more my speed perhaps. Though, I contrast that with the boatloads of money we've saved doing our own home renovations and cringe at paying other people to do it since I have the know how.

Might be worth learning some new tricks...
There is really nothing to it. A three or four fund portfolio is all the vast majority of Americans will need. Take 15 minutes every quarter to balance the funds and you are done. The more difficult tasks are the backdoor Roths and things like that.

Back