CFI's?

cuy

Do FBO's usually hire their students who get their all or some ratings there? I'm wondering if it has anything to do with loyalty, responsibility (such as getting payments in on time),money inversion, or good standing between the student and the boss.

Do FBO's usually hire their students who get their all or some ratings there?

It's very common, as long as the flight school has need of instructors at the same rate they train them. That isn't always the case. It would probably help to be visible and friendly with the decision-maker as you go through training.

It is all about demand.

I have only seen once when the flight school went with an outside guy when there was a need for a CFI and an ex-student was available.

The student had a personality problem.

It is a very good idea to find a place you might want to work at to complete your CFI training, but don't just assume there will be a position available. The last guy I trained I was able to arrange an 'in' for him after he completed his training. I worked this out for him in advance though so the company at least had him in mind.

That being said, our school has turned out another batch of instructors and non of them got put on staff. Brings u back to the old demand problem.

Back