CFIs -- Need Suggestion

AnotherWife

My hubbie will be finishing up his CME at FSI by the end of the month and returning home (finally!!), and we want to get his instructor a thank you gift. His CFI is a really great guy and an awesome instructor, so we want it to be something special.

Suggestions??

Something not too expensive-and something that seemed like it too thinking to get.

If it was a gift for me?

Price ranges-

$25 Gift certificate to favorite restuarant/store

$50- Aviation related clothing. Polo/T-shirt

This is hard to think of. I give up!

Really nice Airplane cuff links
Gift cert for a weekend spa getaway so he can get in some R&R
Giant giftbasket from Hickory Farms
Golf cert
Restuarant Cert
GPS
Framed American Flag

Well how much were you wanting to spend before I go on? LOL. You can always find some really nice stuff at redenvelope.com

I second the case of beer suggestion.
smile.gif

Gift certificates are always a good idea too. I recently volunteered my time to go rescue one of our VFR-only customers who got weathered 415nm away. For my efforts, he got me a $50 gift certificate to Sporty's, which I thought was very cool, and more than generous!

My primary instructor at FSI worked her butt off to get me finished as fast as possible. I wish I could have done more or have been more creative, but I gave her an envelope with $100 in it. I figured given how tight the economics of instructing is a little extra cash is always welcomed. Come to think of it I did the same thing for the instructor who trained me for my private at an FBO prior to FSI.

I have received a few tips and gifts as an instructor. It is certainly not expected, but it is a nice surprise

Has the CFI mentioned anything he / she likes during the course of training?

For my CFII after I got the instrument, I gave him a bottle of Stoli because that's what he liked. Which brings me to another point: you can't go wrong with beer
grin.gif

When Corbin becomes an instructor [ QUOTE ]
you can't go wrong with beer

[/ QUOTE ] Please don't give him beer! LOL!

[ QUOTE ]
Now, what's your favorite beer

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you don't want to shock his system. If he's been a starving CFI, something like Guiness might kill him!

Stay safe, go with Meister Brau or Schlitts.
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Mustang Ranch I have heard of, but Chicken Ranch?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mustang Ranch closed a few years back. Too bad.

[ QUOTE ]
Well, you don't want to shock his system. If he's been a starving CFI, something like Guiness might kill him!

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif
laugh.gif

A good case of say, Amstel or Heineken would be a nice touch. If you want to stay domestic, I like Sam.

That probably would be a step up from whatever he can afford on a CFI's income!

You can't go wrong with ca$h! It's always the right size!
grin.gif

Some other gifts that I was given as a CFI were:

a bottle of wine
a button down shirt with airplanes on it
a variety of aviation books
Jepp chart accessories
dinner

I did something different. I had a lesson to do (IFR x-country) so I decided to fly to my hometown and take him golfing at the golf course my dad runs. It was a good time and my mom made us a great dinner afterwards.

He enjoyed it and I know that he will help me with finding a job in the future. Be nice to your CFI, it may pay off!!

[ QUOTE ]
A good case of say, Amstel or Heineken would be a nice touch. If you want to stay domestic, I like Sam.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is there such thing as a bad case of Amstel or Heineken?
grin.gif

Seriously, though, I do love Amstel (not Amstel Light). I wonder if you can get it in Vero (I've never seen it here in Colorado).

And the golf outing sounds like it was awesome. What a great idea!

Back