CFIs in Jakarta, Indonesia (or scam-baiting opportunity?)

I just finished flying in Indonesia. Not for that company, but if you look over contracts carefully, there is a lot to learn there. the Pepole are over the top nice, the cost of living is very inexpensive, and 3rd world living will broaden your life perspective.

Also, make sure you have your own personal flying minimums as the company your are flying for may not have there own op specs, nor value your life. Accidents do happen frequently, but to those with standards it happens far less often.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

with SUSI?

Guys. I know you are motivated for flying.. But please, don't jump on the first opportunities. Many scams around. If it sound to good it means it s a scam....

If people are interested by you they call you, and never pay anything.
Been in this market for 20 years before internet, seen pretty much all scam floating around. I m good at detecting bs.

The offer above is a scam.

There is not ton of money to make over there.... Asia is still a third world country....

How many times Japan airlines filed bankrupt?
Nobody makes money in aviation.
Maybe Qatar and other because they got
Cheap fuel, but the rest of the world is struggling.

Don't believe young studs on jet career who sometimes smoke to much chicha

:D

How many times Japan airlines filed bankrupt?
Nobody makes money in aviation.
Maybe Qatar and other because they got
Cheap fuel, but the rest of the world is struggling.

Don't believe young studs on jet career who sometimes smoke to much chicha

:D

Maybe I should have bolded the "third world" part. Referring to an entire continent as "third-world" is just a bit of a major generalization, don't you think?

Doesn't look like a scam to me. It looks like a guy who is trying to grow his business and he needs instructors in order to do so. He's not asking for anything confidential in order to steal your identity. If one is interested they might try to make phone contact first, then take it from there.

TP

I take back what I said. I didn't read someone changed the mail here above.

It could be legit and yes there you can make 3000$/month and have a nice life. You can live with less 300$ month and save a lot.

But for a starting company, you don't know if they will have student and for how long. If badly managed school can be empty after a year.

Very few instructor will go. life there is not for everybody. it s for me for sure, good food, cheap rent, and lot of ladies....

Traffic,dangerous driving, Muslim, dodgy mechanic, rules not respected, and you risk your life...

I got this email the other day. It feels a little 419 to me, but if you're looking for this type of work and want to track this down and find out if it's for real, have at it. My old flight school also got one a couple days before me.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Dear ------

I know your name and email address from AOPA website. I am Septo Sudiro CEO of Java Flight School, a business unit of my company PT. Kemitraan Energi Industri. Currently, we are in the final process of acquiring a flight school in Jakarta, Indonesia. I am planning to expand this flight school to become the biggest flight school in Indonesia. Currently this flight school operates 4 Cessna 172s and I will add 4 Piper Warriors in October and November 2012, so we will operates 8 aircrafts. In order to fulfill our flight instructor requirement we require minimum of 10 Certified Flight Instructors, to be stationed either in Palembang Sultan Mahmud Badarudin II airport (WIPP / PLM) or in Jakarta Halim Perdanakusuma airport (WIHH / HLP).

We are looking for qualified instructors with minimum requirements include:
  • Certified Flight Instructor (CFI)
  • Multi-Engine Instructor (MEI) Rating
  • Instrument Instructor (II) Ratings
  • 100 Hours Multi-Engine PIC
  • 40 Hours Multi-Engine Cross-Country PIC
  • 1st class medical certificate
As flight instructor we guarantee minimum of 50 flight hours per month and you can earn between $1,250 and $3,500 per month. The more you fly, the more you earn

• $100 On-Time, First-Time Checkride Pass Bonus for each student, PLUS
  • $ 25 per Flight & FTD Hour , PLUS
  • Free return airlines ticket from SFO to Jakarta, Indonesia, PLUS
  • Free accommodation and transportation to and from airport
If you are interested to become our instructor, please email me your CV, scanned copies of your CFI, MEI Rating and II Ratings and the last 6 months log book.

Regards

Septo Adjie Sudiro
CEO

JAVA INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT SCHOOL
Gandaria 8 Bld, 11th Fl, Suites G-H
Jl. Sultan Iskandar Muda
Jakarta 12420
Indonesia

Be careful with Indo, I spent a few years there and work mostly SE Asia now. What you may view as corruption in your World is considered an normal business practice there. "you aren't in Kansas with ToTo", you are in their World.
Not paying an expat is considered a good business strategy because they got something for nothing. REALLY!
So don't get caught with your eyes closed, be smart. There are some good gigs, but most are shoddy and you will get hosed. You will be expected to pay something to someone for help. If you go, have an exit strategy and funds.
I did a stint with Susi and even though she and I are not drinking buddies, I can recommend her over 90% of the others. That would be a good place to go. You will work 6 months with little pay and then you can upgrade to C208 and later Porter. Some of the Wildest flying I have ever done. Susi is also a great place to go and get to know Indo.
If you go it alone be smart, there are a lot of operators waiting empty your pockets. And remember....it's their World, not yours.

Do you know how many pilots apply at susy? .... Hundred every month.

I have applied with susy air several time, too much experience they replied.

Some guys here. Still believe they are desperate for pilots.. It s not true.

Pilots are desperate to get anything....

Now susy air test their pilot on a pc and most of them are required to go back home. They don't care, you pay your own Flight ticket, they have nothing to lose.

I applied and received and emailing asking how soon i can arrive and also wanted a copy of my passport. Now I'm hesitant to send a copy of my passport.

I applied and received and emailing asking how soon i can arrive and also wanted a copy of my passport. Now I'm hesitant to send a copy of my passport.
When I worked in the Middle East I use to have to leave my passport when visiting GAMCO, Alsalam and other maintenance contractors I'm pretty sure I must I have few copies of me floating around. I wouldn't sweat it.

Alright passport sent! we shall see now if i end up on americas most wanted list.. lol
Just wait and see.

I have worked in Indonesia before. Don't worry about ending up in DHS list. Hoho...

There are tons of Americans and Australians working in Indonesia right now.

As a U.S. citizen, you can get a second passport if you provide a good reason to the consulate. As well, you can go to the Consulate and register there. If you have a passport problem, they will help you fix it. I also carry a certified copy of my Passport.

Susi, If you are serious, then go to CGK and knock on their door. Faces are worth more than paper. Have all your doc's in oder in a nice little portfolio along with contact numbers for verification. No guarantee anywhere, but this projects a more serious tone. I did and they hired me...I had a blast there. Expat work has it's risks and rewards. I have worked in 16 Countries with no real problems. Just be smart...and what ever you claim you have accomplished in life, some one else has done it better. Be smart!

Do you know how many pilots apply at susy? .... Hundred every month.

I have applied with susy air several time, too much experience they replied.

Some guys here. Still believe they are desperate for pilots.. It s not true.

Pilots are desperate to get anything....

Now susy air test their pilot on a pc and most of them are required to go back home. They don't care, you pay your own Flight ticket, they have nothing to lose.

I doubt the real reason was too much experience, as they have hired pilots with several 1000s hours. When I was there they hired several pilots with 3000+ hours. Some of the ZA were bush pilots back home. They don`t like guys that may leave without notice as soon as they get a job back home, or guys with an attitude towards them, like those that think they are too good for the job and should get hired no matter what, yeah at times they would rather hire somebody with 300 hours then somebody with an ATPL.

They are still Hiring a lot, it didn`t made the news but they just ordered several twin turbo props. They are doing interviews right now.

They use to interview in Munich, but the guy that use to run them left the company. Yes you have to go to Jakarta on your own, but they are also very flexible in giving you an interview date and if you plan right you my start a class right after, it is really hard to fail the interview and in Pangandarn they are there to teach you not to fail you.

Yeah probably not the best company, but better work there then complain how bad aviation is Nicolas

Septo Adjie Sudiro CEO
JAVA INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT SCHOOL
Indonesia
Based on my recent (16 November 2012) research.

Is there such a person named, "Septo Adjie Sudiro"?
Answer: Yes.

Is there such a flight school?
Answer: Yes.

Is this flight school operational ready?
Answer: No! Indonesian DGCA does not approved school's licence at all!

Is this flight school still doing recruitment?
Answer: No! Not at the moment. Please do not waste your time if Septo ask you to send in application.

Back