CFII / MEI after initial CFI?

BoDEAN

Curious how long people have waited to get their CFII and/or MEI after getting their initial cfi rating.

Just got my CFI today, and continuing to look forward (while I search for an aviation job) on what I need to do next to advance to real world (commuter) flying heh.

You should get the CFII right away. It doesn't take long and you can do alot more. At FBO's you will get alot of people who need instrument competency checks and the private is pretty worthless if you really want to use an AC for actually going somewhere. Most serious pilot/owners will want their instrument rating.

Does the CFII ride require going up with a DE or FAA?
It might be a little longer than "short" for me, I haven't done any instrument training/flying in over a year =(

you can do the cfii/mei with either fsdo or dpe. Most likely will do with dpe though. When I got my CFII, I hadnt flown instrument for about 9 months. It took 3 flights and a sim for a total of 6.9 hours to get ready for my checkride. In total just a little over a weeks time and had the ticket first try. I also practiced holds, approaches, parial panel on fs2002. I think this helped, and its easy on the pocketbook. Good luck....

This would be faaaaaar more interesting if this were DOA:Beach Volleyball (for X-Box). But please, you guys, do not break out the bikinis on our account - that would just be dIstUrbiNG!

Damn! Guess I'll take the thong off then.

grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Damn! Guess I'll take the thong off then.

grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
dIstUrbiNG

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
you can do the cfii/mei with either fsdo or dpe. Most likely will do with dpe though. When I got my CFII, I hadnt flown instrument for about 9 months. It took 3 flights and a sim for a total of 6.9 hours to get ready for my checkride. In total just a little over a weeks time and had the ticket first try. I also practiced holds, approaches, parial panel on fs2002. I think this helped, and its easy on the pocketbook. Good luck....

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you tell me how you set up some scenarios in FS2002.
How did you set it up? Thanks BTW - I use FS2002 with radar contact, and XPlane

[ QUOTE ]
This would be faaaaaar more interesting if this were DOA:Beach Volleyball (for X-Box). But please, you guys, do not break out the bikinis on our account - that would just be dIstUrbiNG!

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine:

SET!
doax_7.jpg

SPIKE!
doax_1.jpg

As far as scenerios go, I would just use jepp approach plates. I would lower the visibility to 0, and fail my Heading indicator or Attitude indicator or both mostly. Pull up the mag compass. When I go missed, hold as published. It at least gets your scan going.

I got my CFII right away and my MEI 9 years later. If I had it to do over again, I would get the MEI much sooner. That would have enabled me to log more multi-time sooner. Of course, that somewhat depends on if you will have access to a ME plane to fly after you get the rating.

BTW, you can do the CFII with an appropriately rated DE.

Back