CFII in Pacific Northwest

SilkyD

Hi there,

Just wanted to see if anyone could recommend some places in the Pacific Northwest (Portland, Seattle, etc) for an accelerated CFII program. I have my CFI-A and my MEI and my CFII written is done. I could get the CFII done in So. Cal but I would prefer to go somewhere where I could get some REAL IMC time. Two schools that I have briefly looked at are: Hillsboro Aviation by PDX and Snohomish (sp) Flying Services by SEA - TAC. Any input regarding these two schools or any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I would just get the ticket easily and cheaply. Then, come up this winter and get a second education in real life weather. If you are thinking get the ticket at a place that might hire you, then that's different. Hope it works out.

I have experience at Snohomish Flying Service, and coming in to the winter here we do a lot of actual instrument training with our students. As long as we can come out on the ILS at Paine, and get a special VFR back to Harvey, (one useless GPS into Harvey that takes you down to 1000 feet :/) you can do actual every day. Pretty much the only thing that stops it is the fog that tends to accumulate in the valley and stop all flying until it disappears, usually in the mornings. PM me with any other questions about working / flying there.

SilkyD

Hillsboro Aviation has a good helicopter program but I do not know much about the fixed-wing side. I would assume its good also.

I think someone recently said they don't let them fly much if at all in imc.

Could be true. On the helicopter side I know they don't because there is not a piston training helicopter thats IFR certified.

Back