CFI Positions

DL31082

Hello all. I currently hold a CFI Single, Multi engine and instrument ratings. I was wondering if any knew whether or not Falcon Aviation was currently hiring CFI's and if they are what a typical day is like there? Please let me know. Thanks.

Hey thanks for the quick reply. I do have one question. I have experience in the cessna 172 and the piper seminole, if I do get hired what kinda of training can I expect so I can fly the Diamond stars or the Diamond Twin Stars? Also I have 140 hours in multi-engine aircraft would this make it more likely that I would get to instruct in the Twin Stars? Thanks for the help.

Heck, Spencer. . .hopefully Mike will check this thread. More for my own selfish reasons, so that he will check his PM's.

Otherwise I might just try to call him. . .silly M&M.

Hey thanks for the quick reply. I do have one question. I have experience in the cessna 172 and the piper seminole, if I do get hired what kinda of training can I expect so I can fly the Diamond stars or the Diamond Twin Stars? Also I have 140 hours in multi-engine aircraft would this make it more likely that I would get to instruct in the Twin Stars? Thanks for the help.

90% of all our instruction is given in the Diamonds. We also have some Cessna's and Pipers. All instructors will start off a basic CFI's and then senority governs the MEI instruction. We attempt to provide a balanced workload for everyone in regards to aircraft type but student load always is the determining factor.

I got an e-mail back from Mike today. I looks like they aren't hiring CFI's at all. I guess I will start looking somewhere else. Thanks for the help.

Wow. It seems like it was only yesterday that I was enjoying college spring break and Mike was telling me about how Falcon would hire the right CFI and provide them with the CFII and MEI for free if they agreed to a 1-year contract. I suppose times have changed. Don't worry, Mike. My resume will be on your desk the day you begin hiring again. :)

Its crazy times right now thats for sure!! I have seen more resumes come across my desk in the past month than ever, everyone from 121 hopefuls to 121 furloughs!! Based on the news I keep hearing I would only imagine there will be more. We are currently overstaffed and part of the reason is all the CFIs we have been producing ourselves. The interesting part about it all is that despite all the bad publicity the airlines are getting we are busier than ever!!! Go figure that one out!!?!? Not that we are complaining. Anyways I will keep you all posted on the hiring situation.

Mike M.

Back