CFI Job Interview Help

Jfk-Pilot

Hey Guys,

So I just got off the phone with a chief pilot from a local flight school here in central florida, and I was able to set up an interview for tomorrow morning. During the conversation I asked him if i should prepare any lessons or anything to that matter, and he said "no.. i just want to see what you know off the top of your head". For some reason that comment made me a little nervous. :(

So i was just wanted to see if you folks have any good advice on how to prepare myself for the interview (mind you he said it won't last more than a half hour), should i read up on anything specific, etc. And of course any good general interview tips would be great.

thanks
-stan

should i read up on anything specific

You're not going to be able to change your knowledge level significantly between now and tomorrow morning. I wouldn't even attempt it, because it will just make you nervous.

Your best bet is to focus on being the right type of person during the interview. Be positive and friendly and he will look for reasons to hire you. People are more often hired based on personal rapport than they are on what they know.

I wouln't worry to much about it. Get a good nights sleep and eat a good breakfast and be a little early to the interview. Don't be in a rush to be done with it, the longer the interview lasts, the better off the results always are. Ask him questions like how much flight time he gets as a chief pilot and what hobbies he has in his off time. Ask him other questions about the flight school as well, how many instructors are there, average flight time by day or week.

Be up front and honest with them as far as needing anything beyond their normal employees like if you have another part time job or will have to commute through areas of known bad traffic.

Most of all, just be yourself, relax, and have fun because that's what the job should be all about.

If you have the commercial & cfi oral exam guides...I would skim through those to refresh the old noggin.

Most of all, just be yourself, relax, and have fun because that's what the job should be all about.
:yeahthat: That would be the best advise. I don't think he expects you to know everything off the top of your head, so I don't think that studying tonight will be much of a big help. Try to have a relaxing night, and nail that interview tomorrow :rawk:. Good luck! Let us know if you got the job :D

Hey Guys,

So I just got off the phone with a chief pilot from a local flight school here in central florida, and I was able to set up an interview for tomorrow morning. During the conversation I asked him if i should prepare any lessons or anything to that matter, and he said "no.. i just want to see what you know off the top of your head". For some reason that comment made me a little nervous. :(

So i was just wanted to see if you folks have any good advice on how to prepare myself for the interview (mind you he said it won't last more than a half hour), should i read up on anything specific, etc. And of course any good general interview tips would be great.

thanks
-stan

Study up on FOI and some general part 61 stuff. Everything else you should be fine on, but those items can be easy to forget.

Oh, you should also share which flightschool it is that is actually hiring in Florida by PMing me. :p

Back