Cfi Interview!

LS024

Hi all, I have an interview at FSA on Friday. I have already looked through the past threads and what not, but I was wondering if you guys could tell me anything and everything about it. Pay and benefits? How much flying per month. Anything at all, just let me know.

Is there a reason they are needing CFI's? Are they leaving for some reason, just not enought instructors? How many students to you current instructors have? How much do you fly per month? Thanks

FL530

$16/hr to start. Great benefits. Fly as much as you want. Typical student load is 6 to 8 students per instructor. You are expected to bill 40 hours a week. You don't have to teach ground. You get paid the same for brief time and flight time. Typical lesson is 1 hour brief time and 1.5 hour flight time.

Is there a reason they are needing CFI's?
How many students to you current instructors have? How much do you fly per month? Thanks
FL530

Increase in foreign contracts. Enrollment up to approximately 300 students by December.

I currently have 7 students. I fly approximately 55 hours a month only because I spend a lot of time in the frasca. 5 of my students are multi-engine. Single engine instructors fly about 80 to 100 hours a month.

When I was instructing single engine there, I always had at least 100 hrs a month flown. If I didnt It was because I took time off. The weather never hurt my hours and I never had a student load problem, aside from there being not enough IPs. My personal feeling is the best student load is 5 to 6.

I flew 120+ hrs a month more than once. That is single engine and almost no frasca time.

Its a good job.

What all goes on during standardization? Do we get paid during all this? I havent flown in about 2 1/2 weeks. Is that gonna hurt?

FSA has a certain way they want their maneuvers taught. Standardization is the way we get all instructors teaching maneuvers the same way. That way, when a student switches IPs, they will be taught the same. You can expect to fly 2 or 3 flights with a standardization instructor during the 3 week standardization process. You will also do some ground school covering FSA regulations, quality management, and computer systems. It's like basic indoc at an airline. Yes, you get paid for all of this.

They only do the VFR SE stans initially now.

Basically 2 flights in the Warrior and sit through checklists and FSA SOPs.

Let us know how it goes :)

Back