CFI interview - adivce?

Pilotdreams83

Missin the blue
hey all,

It has been about a year since I have posted on here. I have been super busy but I am back. I have a interview at FSA tomorrow for a CFI position. If any one has any gouge or advice I would really appreciate it. I know there is a written test and then a check flight. Other than that I am at a loss. Really hope I get the gig. I live 5 minutes from the place and would really like to work there. Thanks in advance.

I am returning next month to instruct there again. From experience, I can tell you this: Be yourself and don't try to BS your way through ANYTHING! These guys are good and they can see right through it. If you don't know an answer, tell them so.

I think for the most part you will take the written, do a frasca flight, and a check flight in a cadet. They just want to see if you will make it through their standardization course in a reasonable amount of time. That's all I really have. Good luck to you and I hope to see you there next month.

wb

Thanks, I appreciate the help. Which frasca do they use. I have used one of the very very old ones for about an hour and I have about ten hours in a simpro. I assume that the sim ride is for instrument procedures?

The check flight I am assuming is more for commercial maneuvers - yes/no? Thanks again.

I'm pretty sure the flight consists of chandelle, lazy eight, steep turns, maybe some stalls. It's a very quick flight to see if you can fly/teach.

The frasca is a newer model, pretty easy to fly. Just super pitch sensitive as all are. It's a mockup of our seminoles. The frasca consists of IMC take-off, VOR hold, VOR 11R, missed, ILS 9R FPR. Single engine on the ILS.

Thanks a lot for the help. I hope all goes well tomorrow. I would really like to be there. I will let you know how it goes.

Good Luck!

Do you know who you are doing the SIM/ Interview with?

IM actually sitting here in the glass room near dispatch typing this right now...

Hope it goes well.

Back