CFI Initial - Logbook entries and certificate endorsements

BoDEAN

Regarding the initial CFI checkride (oral portion), I know the FAA is going to quiz me on this section. Should I have forums with me? Can someone give me a brief rundown on what key areas I need to know from memory, opposed to opening the FAR/AIM up to FAR 61.189 or whatever and explaining from there?

You should know the hour and knowledge requirements and the endorsements needed to get a student from 0 hours to solo to x-c to check ride. And, know when other endorsements are required (e.g. entering class B, landing in class B, night, etc.) I've heard of applicants having to write out endorsements from memory. At least have a copy of the endorsements handy.

Be familier with what endoresments a student pilot needs to do different things, ie solo,XC,aeronatical knowledge, ect.
I would say you don't need to memorize them but make sure you have a copy of the AC that contains all the endorsements.

If you don't have it already, I recommend the GLEIM Flight Instructor Flight Maneuvers and Practical Test Prep Book. It includes outlines of all the knowledge areas including endorsements. It also has briefs for all of the required maneuvers. I usually copy the endorsement section and give it to my students, as it is the best that I have seen. It gives the required endorsements for most every rating.

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't have it already, I recommend the GLEIM Flight Instructor Flight Maneuvers and Practical Test Prep Book. It includes outlines of all the knowledge areas including endorsements. It also has briefs for all of the required maneuvers. I usually copy the endorsement section and give it to my students, as it is the best that I have seen. It gives the required endorsements for most every rating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.
I actually have it, and have been reviewing it, and plan on taking it on the ride/oral
ooo.gif

Becareful with what you take on your ride, if you go with the fsdo, all they want is FAA pubs. And that goes for a lot of dpe that I know of.

Im with you as far as using all materials necessary to study/learn something. However, the faa seems to be partial to there own material. Im not suggesting you shouldnt bring the gleim manuevers manual, its a great publication. But one of my buddy had his ride at the fsdo, and referenced a "non faa" publication, and was told it was not valid. But everyone is different. I probably would just say that you would like to have all info available to you and be able to correlate between the different publications....Good luck

I would suggest printing out Advisory Circular 61-65 and studying that. This will list all the endorsements you will need as a CFI.
laugh.gif

Back