CFI-I

bc2209

I'll be taking my check ride here soon. I still get nervous which I hate but I suppose that might not ever change.

I feel ok regarding my preparation going in. I might be a little weak on the oral but I do have time to improve.

Any tips or suggestions regarding this check?

Thanks so much

Like I'm sure you have heard before, the CFII is one of the easiest, and most enjoyable rides (in my opinion). You knoe how to fly instrument and are a CFI, so just have to prove you can teach that student instrument.

I am always terrible with doing the orals, and was nervous even coming into this one. It was almost an exact replica of my instrument oral, except not as in depth.

Don't overdue it on the studying. You already know all the information, just have to bring it back to refresh yourself. Run through the oral exam guide and pick out the approaches you thing you will shoot and walk yourself through them as you would with a student.

Good luck!

I'll be taking my check ride here soon. I still get nervous which I hate but I suppose that might not ever change.

I feel ok regarding my preparation going in. I might be a little weak on the oral but I do have time to improve.

Any tips or suggestions regarding this check?

Thanks so much

Just passed mine, see other thread.

Study hard and ace the test and the oral. What they say about first impressions is true. My strategy for taking check rides has worked successfully over the years: Score near 100% on the written, then ace the oral. By the time we walk to the airplane the examiner is convinced the flight is not really required as he already thinks I've passed the test. Contrast this with a pilot who shows up with a barely passing test grade, and struggles in the oral. The flight that follows that oral is a pink slip looking for a place to happen.

Back