CFI endorse?

Turbine

Are student pilots limited only to airports that a CFI has been to with them? I haven't found found any FAR..maybe i need to look harder. I have came across numerous limitations involving endorsements for aircraft make and model, but not for airports.

§ 61.93 Solo cross-country flight requirements.

(1) Solo flights may be made to another airport that is within 25 nautical miles from the airport where the student pilot normally receives training, provided—
(i) An authorized instructor has given the student pilot flight training at the other airport, and that training includes flight in both directions over the route, entering and exiting the traffic pattern, and takeoffs and landings at the other airport;
(ii) The authorized instructor who gave the training endorses the student pilot's logbook authorizing the flight;
(iii) The student pilot has current solo flight endorsements in accordance with §61.87 of this part;
(iv) The authorized instructor has determined that the student pilot is proficient to make the flight; and
(v) The purpose of the flight is to practice takeoffs and landings at that other airport.
(2) Repeated specific solo cross-country flights may be made to another airport that is within 50 nautical miles of the airport from which the flight originated, provided—
(i) The authorized instructor has given the student flight training in both directions over the route, including entering and exiting the traffic patterns, takeoffs, and landings at the airports to be used;
(ii) The authorized instructor who gave the training has endorsed the student's logbook certifying that the student is proficient to make such flights;
(iii) The student has current solo flight endorsements in accordance with §61.87 of this part; and
(iv) The student has current solo cross-country flight endorsements in accordance with paragraph (c) of this section; however, for repeated solo cross-country flights to another airport within 50 nautical miles from which the flight originated, separate endorsements are not required to be made for each flight.

What if prior to solo cross countries the student went to airports with a different instructor. The student then changed instructors, and received endorsements for solo cross countries. Do the airports that he/she visited with the prior instructor still count as receiving training at the airport, and is the student pilot eligible to make solo cross countries to those airports?

What if prior to solo cross countries the student went to airports with a different instructor.

Hey Joey,

The above listed reg is what I used for determining whether its needed or not. The FAA lists it for repeated cross countries and within 25 NM. If you did a solo to KLAL and you had a mid-air, I dont think the FAA would care one way or the other if you had been there with a previous instructor, they would care much more about what recent instruction you had received.

Basically it boils down to the fact that on solo cross country flights, the student is flying on the instructors certificates. Perhaps you could "legally" do a cross country to an airport you had not been to with that specfic instructor but would it be a good idea? Think worst case scenario.

Plus you'll be a private pilot in about 6 months, thats not to long until you can fly anywhere.

Call me if you've got any other questions

haha Matt how you doing? I meant to call you, looks like August is the days im looking at for the commercial...giving it a little time, but want to get it done prior to classes starting.

anyway i thought about that question when i was looking through endorsements and couldn't seem to find the reg..that's why i was a little thrown off. makes sense though.

haha Matt how you doing? I meant to call you, looks like August is the days im looking at for the commercial...

cool man, just let me know

hope your staying busy with Baer... they seem to be pretty active at MLB these days

Back