CFI complete! now working on CFII

Planedriver28

All, I said to myself, and family that after I passed the initial CFI, I would take some time off from studying, etc. Well, I almost made it a week. I have a question from the CFII PTS. If you look on page 17 it gives the table there that shows what sections apply to the applicant. I was told to study the AP (Airplane) column, but I cannot understand why it would not be the IA or H column. (Instrument Airplane or Helicopter) I am pursuing the INSTRUMENT Instructor rating....... Please help!

Gregg

All, I said to myself, and family that after I passed the initial CFI, I would take some time off from studying, etc. Well, I almost made it a week. I have a question from the CFII PTS. If you look on page 17 it gives the table there that shows what sections apply to the applicant. I was told to study the AP (Airplane) column, but I cannot understand why it would not be the IA or H column. (Instrument Airplane or Helicopter) I am pursuing the INSTRUMENT Instructor rating....... Please help!

Gregg

Edit: Read what tgray said, I had it wrong.

As for the H, are you are planning (as tgray pointed out "hold") a II in a helicopter? if not ignore the H column. Enjoy

I was told to study the AP (Airplane) column, but I cannot understand why it would not be the IA or H column. (Instrument Airplane or Helicopter) I am pursuing the INSTRUMENT Instructor rating....... Please help!

Read the title of the chart:

Flight Instructor Certificate
and
Rating Held

You have a Flight Instructor Airplane (AP), so the AP column is what you use. They know you're going for a Flight Instructor Instrument because that's the PTS you're holding.

Thanks guys....
Seems obvious now.... Just missed it at first. I guess my brain is still in hibernation after initial checkride last week. (That's my excuse/story and I am stickin' to it.

:)

Gregg

Back