CFI Checkride from MEM FSDO

mctv

Hi everyone. I am scheduled for a CFI Checkride with Greg Maury from the Memphis FSDO in a couple of weeks. I was wondering if anyone had some information about Mr. Maury and what he likes to see.

Also, can someone clarify about whether having a Ground instructor certificate exempts you from the FOI portion of the oral?

I appreciate any help anyone can provide about getting through this ride.

Thanks

can someone clarify about whether having a Ground instructor certificate exempts you from the FOI portion of the oral?

No, it does not. It only exempts you from having to show an FOI written result.

I was wondering if anyone had some information about Mr. Maury and what he likes to see.

Greg is a real nice guy. Our school has sent a number of candidates through him and there haven't been any complaints. I don't have any details, but if you were to walk into Downtown Aviation at Dewitt Spain airport in Memphis, the owner, Jay King, took his checkride with Greg and might could give you some details.

I go to MTSU in the boro' also. I did my Instrument and Commercial here, but got my Private and did my CFI flying back home at HZD. I did take Dr. Craig's CFI Class last semester however.

Cool. I did my instrument at mtsu. Are you applying at the flight school after you get your CFI?

Yes. I hope to be instructing for MTSU soon after getting this over with. I am really excited, but nervous about the idea. It seems like such a short time since I was learning this stuff myself!

Awesome. I had my ride today. Passed the oral with ease but the flight had to be moved because of weather. So hopefully here soon I will be teaching at MTSU. Maybe i'll see ya there.

Back