CFI checkout

sunfire

Ladies and Gentlemen,
I was talking with one of the CFI's that has already finished the indoc class, and he said he has been trying to get his 141 checkouts done for over two monthes (since the first of november) and he is not done yet. He said this was because of a lack of flights scheduled and not his lack of compentcy. He said that Pan Am wouldn't give him a straight answer as to why his flights were 2 weeks between them. Is this how Pan Am is going to treat all of us when we get there by trying to wait us out until we find another job so that they don't have to honor their contract? Just wondering
Cheers,
Sunfire

[ QUOTE ]
He said that Pan Am wouldn't give him a straight answer as to why his flights were 2 weeks between them. Is this how Pan Am is going to treat all of us when we get there by trying to wait us out until we find another job so that they don't have to honor their contract? Just wondering

[/ QUOTE ]

I will say 4 things

If you Enjoy being taken for a Ride, of which you have NO control. Stay At Pan Am.

If you would like to get things done, done well, honestly, as well as efficeintly with a great cost savings look for a good FBO.

Pan Am / EW Holdings have Broken their contract with me, as well as jerked other students around.

I suggest you leave Pan Am before you become a statistic.

[ QUOTE ]
Ladies and Gentlemen,
I was talking with one of the CFI's that has already finished the indoc class, and he said he has been trying to get his 141 checkouts done for over two monthes (since the first of november) and he is not done yet. He said this was because of a lack of flights scheduled and not his lack of compentcy. He said that Pan Am wouldn't give him a straight answer as to why his flights were 2 weeks between them. Is this how Pan Am is going to treat all of us when we get there by trying to wait us out until we find another job so that they don't have to honor their contract? Just wondering
Cheers,
Sunfire

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly how I was treated when I was there in the fall and winter of 2001-2002

Was this FPR or DVT? I believe that there were 7 that went through indoc at DVT about 2 weeks ago. At least a couple of those have finished with the 61 checkouts and they should all be ready when the next PPL class starts on Feb. 17.

As far as 141 checkouts, they're not required to start instructing since we have very few 141 students. Usually, when someone is assigned a 141 student before being 141 checked out, they will get the check outs very quickly.

Back