CFI Certificate Number Verification

Nevermind....the database no longer includes the certificate number. I guess large numbers of pilots still have their SSN as the certificate number.

Actually, the database does not contain the specific certificate number. It only contains the pertinent ratings of the individual, latest medical info and the address. (which you can request be deleted)

. . .and, as I'm not one to immediately believe the information is to be used for something nefarious, it's always a possibility.

That database isn't always up to date either, so if someone doesn't check out you better do a lot more research before accusing. Just a thought

If you're using IACRA, it's pretty dang fast.

When I'm bored, I tend to search the database for friends who flew long ago or individuals who claimed to be pilots and have flown in some form or fashion. Unfortunately, I've found a few to have misspoke about their flying experiences, ratings, etc. . .disheartening.

Understand, this only applies to FAA ratings and not JAA, etc.

I still cant figure out why the OP wants certificate numbers. if something illegal is going on, tell the FAA.

I still cant figure out why the OP wants certificate numbers. if something illegal is going on, tell the FAA.

By all means, tell them I already e-mailed one of the heads of the certificate department myself to ask about it. Why the heck would I post here if it was illegal, I mean are people really that dumb? Hey while we are at it someone want to teach me how to make a nuclear weapon..oops wait this is meant for the middle east forum...

It is nothing illegal and you will all see what it is for in the near future. That being said, if I cannot get it done it will be extremely annoying for myself and the flight instructors having to scan certificates for validation and wait for approval. I would much rather automate the process. All you need to know is, it is for the safety and integrity of a project I am working on to prevent malicious acts from any old joe schmo claiming to be something they are not and gaining permissions they do not deserve.

Edit: Just for the record the database would be encoded backend and information handed back and forth much like that of a credit card system. I would never see a persons certificate number, again for security reasons.

By all means, tell them I already e-mailed one of the heads of the certificate department myself to ask about it. Why the heck would I post here if it was illegal, I mean are people really that dumb? Hey while we are at it someone want to teach me how to make a nuclear weapon..oops wait this is meant for the middle east forum..

Calm down a little dude! I think you mis read SIU's post. What he said is, If something illegal is going on, (understood "you should") tell the FAA. He did not say he was gonna tell them about you doing something illegal based on this thread.

Calm down a little dude! I think you mis read SIU's post. What he said is, If something illegal is going on, (understood "you should") tell the FAA. He did not say he was gonna tell them about you doing something illegal based on this thread.

Hah sorry wasn't so much directed at him, just didn't list the names of the few others it was for. :) I am calm I promise. AND IM NOT LITTLE!!! :sarcasm:

exactly. thank you!

i would never assume a fellow JC member would be doing something illegal! odd, maybe. but not illegal haha

If you know what you're looking at you can get anyone's FTN off the FAA database.

Back