CFI-A addon with George Argy

Cloud Surfer

All Roads lead to Trantor
Have the checkride scheduled for August 25th in southern Florida. Has anyone ever done a checkride with him?

I'd like to follow up on this. How did Argy work out?

My checkride with him ended up being cancelled, and then I left KPMP early and did my add-on back home. If it helps, I spoke with him before I left and he came across as a fairly laid back kind of guy. Also from what I heard about him, he's pretty easy during CFI orals (seldom ever last longer than 1 hour), and the flight portion ought to be easy, too. One of my CFI classmates at Flyers had him and the oral and flight lasted about three hours total!!

I used him for a CPL Multi add on. Great guy! Very laid back, puts you at ease and wants you to do well. There MAY have been a congratulatory shot of Ouzo AFTER we were done. :rolleyes:

I used him for a CPL Multi add on. Great guy! Very laid back, puts you at ease and wants you to do well. There MAY have been a congratulatory shot of Ouzo AFTER we were done. :rolleyes:

Sounds like the guy for me. I'm looking for a DPE that will be relaxed and able to put me at ease and it sounds like he's just the guy.

Sounds like the guy for me. I'm looking for a DPE that will be relaxed and able to put me at ease and it sounds like he's just the guy.

Hey I just passed my CFI-A initial checkride today and I took it with Downing and he was a fairly relaxed and very similar to Argy... I had Argy for my instrument Checkride a year ago and turns out both Downing and Argy got their examiner certification in the same class together

Hey I just passed my CFI-A initial checkride today and I took it with Downing and he was a fairly relaxed and very similar to Argy... I had Argy for my instrument Checkride a year ago and turns out both Downing and Argy got their examiner certification in the same class together

Can you give me some details on the Instrument check ride with George, such as where he took you? Also, how long was the oral?

And congrats on your current achievement.

Can you give me some details on the Instrument check ride with George, such as where he took you? Also, how long was the oral?

And congrats on your current achievement.

Thanks! It was a really long day for the CFi...

From what I can remember his checkride was really simply not too complex but hit the areas in the PTS.. We went out to the practice area (Coral Springs) and did some unusual attitude, turns climbs and descents under the hood, and steep turns as well.. After all of that we started our approaches into fxe for the ils and localizer and then returned to pmp to do the gps approach and that was it... In total I think the flight was about 1.2 and the oral well let's just say he likes to smoke his cigarettes a lot so your oral will be about 1 hour and a half... The rest is him telling you stories and taking cigarette breaks every 20 mins..

Btw what flight school are you at?

From what I can remember his checkride was really simply not too complex but hit the areas in the PTS.. We went out to the practice area (Coral Springs) and did some unusual attitude, turns climbs and descents under the hood, and steep turns as well.. After all of that we started our approaches into fxe for the ils and localizer and then returned to pmp to do the gps approach and that was it... In total I think the flight was about 1.2 and the oral well let's just say he likes to smoke his cigarettes a lot so your oral will be about 1 hour and a half... The rest is him telling you stories and taking cigarette breaks every 20 mins..

Btw what flight school are you at?

Thanks for the reply. I own my own plane, so I haven't been using a school.

I'm wondering if there's a way to send private messages here, there are a few other things I'd like to ask.

A few more questions if you don't mind.
1. Where did you do the hold?
2. Which approach was made using the autopilot?
3. Which approach was done partial panel?

Back