Cessna 400

Flew a demo once here in Houston. Hangar buddy friend of mine traded his 182 for a 400. It was sweet. I'm still pumped about it. I suck up to him all the time he flies and he's looking for a right seater when he wife wishes not to go.

Too many schedule conflicts, but I remain optimistic.

I right seated a TBM 850 as well. It's the fastest SE turbine. Man. . .sometimes, I feel like I'm feeling "big" Gs!:D

You know the "M" in TBM stands for Mooney? The TBM borrows heavily from the Mooney 301. Mooney and the French had a falling out and Mooney didn't have the money to continue. The French did.

Little bit of Mooney trivia.

You know the "M" in TBM stands for Mooney? The TBM borrows heavily from the Mooney 301. Mooney and the French had a falling out and Mooney didn't have the money to continue. The French did.

Little bit of Mooney trivia.

Hey, I will never speak derogatorily about a Mooney. Kerrville is right down the road. :bandit:

Mooney rules. If you've never flown one, it's like having sex - only better because it lasts longer and she always wants it.

I should also add that the Columbia airframe is a hell of an aircraft. There are a lot of things it does better than many other aircraft, including some better than the Mooney. However, jynxy was talking about speed and in that department there is no debate.

I've got about 40 hours in the -400...very nice plane. Taking one to Salina KS in a few hours for a TKS install. They look pretty sweet with the install done, but still not certified for known ice...yet.

Back