Cessna 208

exerauflyboy5

I just got hired by an outfit to fly a caravan, and i was courious if anyone had any materials or any resources, advice, for flying this beast. Ive got ground school starting on the 4th and id like to be well ahead.

I just got hired by an outfit to fly a caravan, and i was courious if anyone had any materials or any resources, advice, for flying this beast. Ive got ground school starting on the 4th and id like to be well ahead.

Its a small Cessna... on steroids.

Seriously though, there are several of us here that either currently fly or have flown the Caravan. Ask away.

Don't worry about being well ahead. Theres nothing to be ahead of. The systems are basic as basic can get. You'll know everything you need to know by day two of class. The sim (if you're going to sim) will be pretty easy too. Its a very docile bird.
I'd recommend findind a high quality pic of the dash online and just scan over it so you kinda know what it looks like.
Other than that relax and enjoy.

If you'll send me an e mail , I have some Caravan things you can study from Flight Safety that I wll send to you.:D

And the "on proper ILS speed" horn gong off.

fastest thing inside the marker. :)

What horn was that? (says mini pushing the CB back in..)

No I'm joking about that. I know of people pulling the CB, but I don't support that decision. Seriously.

-mini

so here is a little follow up... It looks like I might get put in the right seat of a Caravan. I never thought I would say this, but Im pretty exited about it, getting to learn a new area with someone else and having a pretty seriously low work load sounds nice for a change... but is there ANYTHING to do there or am I really just in the way? Before, I would see the SICs of another airline and think about how I would never want to do that, but that over not flying sounds pretty nice right now. also, how about logging the time? its an approved SIC program but does it count anywhere except that company?

For logging: Pax or cargo? Eligible on Demand Operator? Will you receive a 135 "letter" as an SIC?

For practicality: Bring a book, a sandwich and some water. It's going to be a long flight in the right seat of a van.

-mini

For logging: Pax or cargo? Eligible on Demand Operator? Will you receive a 135 "letter" as an SIC?

For practicality: Bring a book, a sandwich and some water. It's going to be a long flight in the right seat of a van.

-mini

:yeahthat: Oh how part 91 is so much easier sometimes....

I've spent some time in the right seat of the 'van before moving over to the left seat. Do these Caravan's have a Garmin 530/430 stack?

Back