Cessna 172R POH / V-Speeds

jtidmore

I am looking for a PDF version (or something online) of a POH for a 1998 C172R. I primarly need the actual v-speeds listed in the POH. If anyone has those and could post them that would be great. If anyone knows where I can download the POH or see the v-speeds online that would be great too.

Thanks.

I haven't heard of any airplane manufacturers putting useful data online yet. (seems they're still in the 60's). I've been looking for an electronic copy of the Seminole performance charts (not scans of the fuzzy charts in the POH/PIM).

You might find somebody who's created his/her own document, but make sure you verify the numbers before you use them.

But if we all contributed with paper versions of the POHs, I'm sure we could create a site with all of the POHs in PDF format....I'm game....anybody else game??

Don't have it in PDF, but I have the POH. Here's the V speeds:

Vne 160 CAS 163 IAS
Vno 126 CAS 129 IAS
Va 97 CAS 99 IAS <--- 2450 lbs
91 CAS 92 IAS <--- 2000 lbs
81 CAS 81 IAS <--- 1600 lbs
Vfe 108 CAS 110 IAS <--- Flaps 10
84 CAS 85 IAS <--- Flaps 20 or 30
Max Window Open 163 IAS

For short field landings 62 IAS and Flaps 30 is recommended. I generally use the same for soft field landings.

Uh, my 172R (180 hp) manual lists different numbers:

Vs: 48
Vso: 40
Vy: 74 (sea level)
Vx: 62 (sea level)

Note that the 180 hp 172R is a Riddle-ism but many are out there elsewhere. Most other R-models have the 160 hp engine. Be sure of what you're flying.

Yeah, I've got the same numbers as aloft. My 172R POH is also from the 180 hp model, from my Riddle days.

[ QUOTE ]
Those 172R 180hp speeds also apply to the 172S (180HP).

[/ QUOTE ]True enough; the 180hp 172R is a 172S, minus the leather.
smirk.gif

A 180hp R??? I thought that really was an S

How do they letter those things anyways? I know there's the N, M (?), P, R, S, etc. Was there ever a Q or O? And what happens when they run out of letters?

[ QUOTE ]
This is the 160HP model.

Best glide speed is 65 IAS with flaps up (from emergency checklists)

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto what kellwolf said. Best glide = 65, flaps up.

Are we talking KTS or MPH?
I've flown a few 172's which indicate airspeed in MPH. That's also how it was listed in the POH.

[ QUOTE ]
Are we talking KTS or MPH?
I've flown a few 172's which indicate airspeed in MPH. That's also how it was listed in the POH.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are all KTS. All the 172s I've flown (the oldest one was an N) had airspeeds in KTS both on the ASI and POH. I think the older ones had it in MPH, and I know Piper uses MPH. I hate having to convert that, so my Arrow POH has tons of notes out to the side.....

Back