Certified at MHT

greg1016

Trustworthy Source
So some of you know I tried my hand at JFK, unfortunately due to many factors (mostly stemming from the pandemic) training there didn't work out. They sent me to MHT, and today I completed training. There are probably a few of you who pass through here, so say hello if you're in town! I probably won't be able to get you a better time for EWR though, sorry.

Cheers! I'll give you a holler the next time I'm passing through on the Brown ramp.

So some of you know I tried my hand at JFK, unfortunately due to many factors (mostly stemming from the pandemic) training there didn't work out. They sent me to MHT, and today I completed training. There are probably a few of you who pass through here, so say hello if you're in town! I probably won't be able to get you a better time for EWR though, sorry.

Just as well…NH is great.

Congrats on Manch! Been up that way for quite a bit now, so I can happily give some recommendations on NH or MA if you feel like a short drive south. Be sure to give the wigg ramp my regards!

Congrats on Manch! Been up that way for quite a bit now, so I can happily give some recommendations on NH or MA if you feel like a short drive south. Be sure to give the wigg ramp my regards!
I'll take all the recommendations. Specifically in the food and libations department, as I have yet to find a spot I love yet, and I have been sampling quite a few of the places in town.

All of the hotels I stayed in MHT with a regional airlines were dumps, but one of the dumps drove us to whatever the Main Street is with a decent amount of bars and that seemed alright.

That's got Elm Street written all over it. With such exciting choices as Thirsty Moose, Murphy's, or (if COVID didn't kill it) Karma. Off the top of my head, those were the quick and easy collegiate go-to's, with Strangebrew being more of the Cheers-esque crowd. Strangebrew really fought to get back to a pre-pandemic level, and I've met some good folks there time and again. I'll personally recommend the Pipedream Brewery on the south side of town, right off of Perimeter Road. Red Arrow is always a default MHT recommendation, but I was more of the Airport Diner or Simon's kinda guy for sandwiches.

This year will be the official tenth I've been a New England native, but I'm still learning a ton about the area especially from college friends in Portsmouth or around the North Shore. Most colleagues are South Shore or local to Logan, so that's an entire world in and of itself..

If you want to send me a PM, I'd happily talk your head off about NH but for now I have to go babysit some folks at a certain warm SIDA secure area.

Have a great Sunday!

Congrats and welcome to NH! I'm an almost life long resident. I love it here, but every year winter seems to be colder and colder. Downtown Manchvegas is a lot trashier than it used to be. I like downtown Concord, but I am a little biased. Portsmouth is an awesome city if you have not been over there yet.

It is a bummer that MHT is a shadow of its former self. Back when I worked there in the late 90's, early 2000's it was hopping. Now its a ghost town.

That's got Elm Street written all over it. With such exciting choices as Thirsty Moose, Murphy's, or (if COVID didn't kill it) Karma. Off the top of my head, those were the quick and easy collegiate go-to's, with Strangebrew being more of the Cheers-esque crowd. Strangebrew really fought to get back to a pre-pandemic level, and I've met some good folks there time and again. I'll personally recommend the Pipedream Brewery on the south side of town, right off of Perimeter Road. Red Arrow is always a default MHT recommendation, but I was more of the Airport Diner or Simon's kinda guy for sandwiches.

This year will be the official tenth I've been a New England native, but I'm still learning a ton about the area especially from college friends in Portsmouth or around the North Shore. Most colleagues are South Shore or local to Logan, so that's an entire world in and of itself..

If you want to send me a PM, I'd happily talk your head off about NH but for now I have to go babysit some folks at a certain warm SIDA secure area.

Have a great Sunday!

Didn't mean to ghost for a week, was on vacation back home...I frequent strange brew on tuesdays ($4 craft drafts and half off apps, can't beat it) Been to the Moose, its okay. Have not checked out Murphys yet. Idk Karma so I guess it did not survive (definitely not on Elm) and I have not heard of Pipedream either and I like to tear up Perimeter Rd on my lunch break. I live around the corner from Red Arrow but I have not been there yet.

I do want to check out some other towns for when my lease expires. Did not have a lot of time to check things out before I moved here. I am stoked for winter because I plan on hitting the slopes 3 times a week or more.

The state sells all the alcohol soooo... I'm not sold on the live free or die BS

Yes, but the prices are reasonable with tons of selection.

Also NH is one of the most pro-liberty states in the union. It's not perfect, but its pretty darn close. Check out the free state project, it has been pretty successful at attracting other liberty minded folks from around the world.

Yes, but the prices are reasonable with tons of selection.

Also NH is one of the most pro-liberty states in the union. It's not perfect, but its pretty darn close. Check out the free state project, it has been pretty successful at attracting other liberty minded folks from around the world.

Ehh I am not buying that one. They just trade certain liberties for others, different priorities.

Is that why @greg1016 spent his first few days there pulling down Proud Boys posters?

They were Patriot Front flyers, but close enough, same bad ideas.

Ehh I am not buying that one. They just trade certain liberties for others, different priorities.

They were Patriot Front flyers, but close enough, same bad ideas.

As you get to explore more of the state you’ll find that there are areas and localities that will match your personality and wants. Kind of key to living in NH. People here can be as hard headed as a marine fisherman, so it’s often best to find a place that feels like Home in Nh.

That being said, if working tower, please remember that Falcons are always faster than 99’s,caravans and Queen airs :) - and should probably go first in the stack for 35.

Also. Everybody hates 24. Except FedEx when they are short on block. Give them the full approach while the rest of us get a visual to 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As you get to explore more of the state you’ll find that there are areas and localities that will match your personality and wants. Kind of key to living in NH. People here can be as hard headed as a marine fisherman, so it’s often best to find a place that feels like Home in Nh.

That being said, if working tower, please remember that Falcons are always faster than 99’s,caravans and Queen airs :) - and should probably go first in the stack for 35.

Also. Everybody hates 24. Except FedEx when they are short on block. Give them the full approach while the rest of us get a visual to 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is wrong with 24? You land and get off you are right at the terminal? Taxiing out is a pain (don't get me started), but oh well, I can fan all departures at least and can get good sunrise pics from the catwalk :D. 6 is the "calm wind" runway, I think we should use more 35.

I don't know anything about a lineup, we don't have those here. Falcons are only faster on departure and cruise, and if there is a prop involved I can fan you anyway and just need 6000ft. I don't set the sequence, approach does, but those props can keep their speed up a lot closer in.

Back