Central FL JC Fly-In?

kellwolf

Piece of Trash
Just an idea I had while I was sitting on a pushback today waiting for some pilots to figure out how to turn on their end of the intercom.

Anyone interested in a Central Florida group sorta fly-in thing? I guess cars could be used as well. I was just thinking Orlando Exec would be a decent place since we all obviously like airplanes and it would be easy for those driving from parts elsewhere to find.

Hey, maybe JT can score us the top floor of Jet Center.....
wink.gif

I'll check in to that. I don't even know who is handling the conference room now that the "statue has been toppled."

There'd be no problem finding a place to meet in Orlando anyway
smirk.gif

I'm sure most everyone would want to be closer to the Mouse House, except for us locals.

Well, count me in and let me know what I can do to help since I work next door to JT at Executive. That would be cool to meet fellow pilots and put some faces with screen names.

I'll hop in the ole 172 and make the trip from SC. Would hang out overnight if a group wanted to hit Universal, Pleasure Island or something.

I would think Orlando would be the obvious location for a FL fly-in. How much more central can you get?

Not to mention the attractions, convention center, wide choice of airports.

Hey one thing though, I have to give you some bad news.

Jet Center is charging a ramp fee if you don't buy a minimum amount of gas, and gas is outrageous, like 3.33/gal.

Hmm...I might be inclined to come down to attend a JC fly-in in FL since I've still got lots of friends down there. Depends on when it is though.

Wasnt there a post a while back about some airport in Florida that had a Vintage Airplane Museum nearby, from the website it looked pretty cool, perhaps that would bea good place to meet up....

Lakeland is a good idea. We could probably get the usage of the FAA Safety Center if we put on a safety seminar at the same time.

I like this idea!

Sounds pretty good,
The locations of Orlando, Lakeland, or others sound reasonable.
I would watch out for the landing, ramp fees, and gas prices though. I'll be flying/or driving out of Daytona.
Have an idea when this might be done, for time and money planning? Early october i might be flying a XC trip, and the cost might be hurting between the checkout soon and the flight time yet to come might make it .

[ QUOTE ]
Wasnt there a post a while back about some airport in Florida that had a Vintage Airplane Museum nearby [ QUOTE ]

Ah, that would either be Tico or Kissimmee. Kissimmee is right down the street from Disney (DO NOT bust the TFR, though.), and there is a warbird restoration museum there that is pretty cool. Fantasy of Flight (another good one) is between here and Lakeland off of I-4.

[ QUOTE ]
That would be cool to meet fellow pilots and put some faces with screen names.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I've got an IFR flight with my instructor there on Friday morning.
smile.gif

LAL sounds good to me... as does ORL.

I live 35 minutes from LAL by car - 15 by air.

If it goes down, let me know.

We've talked about this already and it just seems to die on the boards.

R2F

Hey,

You know what has 12 arms, 12 legs, 6 heads, and 3 teeth?
The counter at the Waffle House.

Ha!! Had to pull that one out.

Hey if you guys plan this thing for late winter / early spring I'm game. I'm planning on going to FL in Jan to visit my wife at her externship and maybe a flight school or two.

Later.

Naunga

For those of us on an airline schedule, I'd vote mid-week. If I have a decent bit of notice, I could probably swing a Sat or Sun. ORL is best, but LAL, ISM, SFB, or even Orlando Country (God help us!) would work for me.

Back