CASW

heres a question, what if the Captain had a MEI, can he log dual given and the SIC log dual received and count it towards total time?

Flight training is 91 and you can't mix the two. So no. They can only log it SIC or PIC if they are actually flying but this isn't the place on the board to discuss it and I'm sure it was already beaten to death several times on here too.

Does that mean you pay them to get training in their aircraft? Or they pay you while you're in training?

If it's the first question how much does it cost? just curious :/

SICs pay Central for the time spent in the plane. I think the current rate is $35 an hour plus a $2500 initial checkout/training fee, but I think that's negotiable.

Yeah, I've had "autopilots" in my airplane for the last 5 days I worked. It's fun to observe them and make sure they don't try to kill you. :sarcasm:

heres a question, what if the Captain had a MEI, can he log dual given and the SIC log dual received and count it towards total time?

How would the SIC log dual received? They are already multi engine rated.

Of course it goes back to the can of worms that is the logging PIC vs acting as PIC...

*hiding can opener*

Please try not to open that can here.

Let me give you a quick run down of CASW, for all interested.

• Family owned and run
  • Safety first, pilots aren't pushed to go
  • All airplanes are TKS equipped, NEXRAD onboard 396s
  • EASY airplane to fly and learn, systems are simple as they get (no x-feed, hydraluic gear, brakes, flaps and steering) taxiing is difficult at first (half castering, half power steering)
  • Easy to load and get into, crew door makes it like a car
  • Paperwork is pretty simple
  • So is training, in fact the whole interview process and checkride thing is pretty easy (phone call, a couple days training, a little ground, and 3 approaches)
  • NO CASS, sorry!
  • I'm enjoying my time there
Thats about it!

Let me give you a quick run down of CASW, for all interested.

• Family owned and run
  • Safety first, pilots aren't pushed to go
  • All airplanes are TKS equipped, NEXRAD onboard 396s
  • EASY airplane to fly and learn, systems are simple as they get (no x-feed, hydraluic gear, brakes, flaps and steering) taxiing is difficult at first (half castering, half power steering)
  • Easy to load and get into, crew door makes it like a car
  • Paperwork is pretty simple
  • So is training, in fact the whole interview process and checkride thing is pretty easy (phone call, a couple days training, a little ground, and 3 approaches)
  • NO CASS, sorry!
  • I'm enjoying my time there
Thats about it!

Also to add...

Maintenance is top notch.

If you say the airplane is mechanically unsafe, then it doesn't fly.

If it takes calling out late night maintenance somewhere other than KC, it is done. If it takes sitting that airplane there until it can be fixed or ferried in VFR back to MKC, it is done.

I had one major mechanical issue that grounded an airplane for a couple of days. All they did was send a floater down during the early evening to bring me an airplane and they rode back to MKC with me that night.

Other than that, KA hit it all.

"Do what you can with what you have where you are." Sometimes realistic perspective overrides pilot-pride... From my own experience, this seems like a solid operation, either way.:nana2:

its nice to hear about a good operation for a change instead of one that everyone has something to bash it about.

We are still looking! Our LUK position was filled and an Indy (EYE) position, but I think we're still on track for the other outstations.

You would think that as many pilots are out there on the street, these openings would have filled rather quickly...

Hello KA,

how many hours do the pilots average per month with casw? Also, how many acft does the company operate? What are the schedules like?

Thank you,

Hello KA,

how many hours do the pilots average per month with casw? Also, how many acft does the company operate?

Thanks

I was averaging just under 100 hours a month when I was there.

I think the number of airplanes is about 35.

edit: website says 35 aircraft.

Outstation pilots will more than likely have the route the entire time they are based there. Only the KC pilots switch it up every week. I get ~80 hours a month.

Back