Career Update

HankHill

The pre-September 11 pilot shortage was primarily driven by impending retirements. Airline pilots are still required by the FAA to retire at age sixty. The calendar is still marching ahead. For most major airlines, retirements alone will result in virtually all of the furloughed pilots being called back within the next three years. This will be true even without any recovery in the industry. But, industry recovery is anticipated by nearly all observers, including the U. S. Department of Transportation. The result will most likely be a pilot shortage unlike any in the history of the industry.

http://www.keyflite.com/career_update.htm

Any comments?

The title of that post should have read, "This is a paid advertisement. The poster is not responsible for, or endorse this product."

I think that the industry will bounce back...it always does. But you gotta love it when everybody that has a product to sell becomes an analyst!!

Remember when I preach about people with stuff to sell that speak of impending pilot shortages during economic/industry downturns?

A need for pilots? Yes. A "shortage" per se? Not in a million years.

You know, I betchya if I sold out, began to frantically editorialize about an impending pilot shortage and deleted the "Hey, doofus, don't put a large deposit down for flight training" thread -- I bet my ad revenue would triple!
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Never take hiring forcasts from a flightschool.

[/ QUOTE ]

But who else would have their finger on the pulse?

grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahahah!

"But Doug, Kit Darby from Air Inc said that there's going to be 4000 new jobs in the next three years..."

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

"But Doug, Kit Darby from Air Inc said that there's going to be 4000 new jobs in the next three years..."

[/ QUOTE ]

But there is, McDonalds is expanding as is walmart... Oh you mean in aviation?

[ QUOTE ]
But there is, McDonalds is expanding as is walmart... Oh you mean in aviation?

[/ QUOTE ]

In aviation, but paid jobs in the cockpit where at least you can support yourself and have a few dollars left over for beer!
smile.gif

Or perhaps it might be more of those famous "unpaid internships" -- we got you a job! Just that you're not getting paid for it...

[ QUOTE ]
"Kit Darby from Air Inc said that there's going to be 4000 new jobs in the next three years..."

[/ QUOTE ]

And the way United is going, he's going to need one of them...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"Kit Darby from Air Inc said that there's going to be 4000 new jobs in the next three years..."

[/ QUOTE ]

And the way United is going, he's going to need one of them...

[/ QUOTE ]

ouch!

Back