career pilot program price increase

colvijk

I just found out that atp is increasing the price of their career pilot program from 32,995 to 34,995. I was wondering if anyone knew the reason for the price increase. Didn't they just increase the price from 31,995 to 32,995 just a short time ago? Is it because the demand for the program is so high they can get away with it or demand so low they need the money? Just curious.

I imagine it's because ATP's management believes the market will bear it. If it won't, we'll probably see the price come back down.

frown.gif
.. Hadn't heard of this till now.. Guess I"ll be sucking it up.

The nice thing is, it's still a great deal cheaper than all those other places- While still being all multi.

When I started looking at schools for training, ATP's course was 24,995.

By the time I squared everything away and started, ( I'm talking years of work ) it was over 31. I didn't care, and I'd pay more if I had to do it over again. It's worth it.

It's still a heck of a deal, especially with all the multi time you get! I wish I had selected ATP instead of DCA. I'd already spent nearly 40k at DCA and all I got were my private, instrument and Commercial classes done. I still had to fork over abuot another 25K for the Comm-AMEL, CFI, CFII and a few months down the road the MEI. So 65K for about 250TT with 30 Multi.

I learned a heck of a lot at DCA on the ground, that knowledge I believe made it worth it. However, I know the flying skills would be the same at DCA or if I got them through ATP. That's why I'm finishing my Multi, and my instructor ratings at ATP.

[ QUOTE ]
:(.. Hadn't heard of this till now.. Guess I"ll be sucking it up.

The nice thing is, it's still a great deal cheaper than all those other places- While still being all multi.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know when price went from 32 to 33, if you had placed ur deposit early, you could've locked in the 32K rate. They might be doing the same for this price increase.

-Brian

Brian, you are right... they are doing that. From their Website:
[ QUOTE ]

Price Change: The price of the Airline Career Pilot Program is increasing to $34,995 starting September 1. Students who place their deposit by August 31 will receive the lower price of $32,995. More info about placing the deposit is on the Enrollment page.

[/ QUOTE ]
I got my deposit in and start on July 14th in Dallas. I'm anxious and excited at the same time!

Can't wait!

Bob

Cool! I will probably be placing my deposit in July/Aug so many I'll slip in and save the extra 2000.

[ QUOTE ]

I got my deposit in and start on July 14th in Dallas. I'm anxious and excited at the same time!

Can't wait!

Bob

[/ QUOTE ]

Dallas in July? My friend Joe temple should be satring the career pilot program at that time. he did his private here in Jax, thats how i met him. He's hilarious, maybe he'll be your partner

-brian

I saw the guys name in the computer when I was scheduling the date... I believe his name was Arthur. Although, I suppose Joe could be there too... As of two weeks ago though there was only Arthur and I signed up for starting the 14th.

Arthur... are you out there??

Bob

Brian,

Just found out today that Arthur is Joe! Joe is his middle name... so if you didn't know that Arthur was his first name, then now you have something to tease him about!
tongue.gif
Just Kidding!

I spoke with Sig today at Dallas ATP and he confirmed that Joe will be my training partner. Sig also heard that he's quite the character too... should provide some levity to the intense schedule.
wink.gif

Can you get Joe in contact with me? Would love to chat with him before just meeting him on Monday?

My e-mail address is in my profile.

Thanks!

Bob

I do have one question for any ATP'ers out there: is any of this increase or the one 7 months ago going into the pockets of the instructors? I hope so.

Back