Career Counselor Advise (little different then normal)

To be honest I'm not even sure what's PRIA and what's not. As a new hire we were pretty much told at the beginning that everything was PRIA. SV, PV, MV, LEO. Then as we did each one I feel like it came out that only the LOE was PRIA. Still not sure what is and what isn't so I guess I may as well try to just pass everything.
That isn't true, at all.

Well, I guess it depends on where you work, but here's a limited summary of what mine looks like. This is the transcript from the Mormon Crew Qualification and Training System, your airline's format may vary.

Unsatisfactory events (knock on wood, never have had one and am not fixing to) would be denoted as "U" in the far right column. It's also obvious to anyone conversationally fluent in AQP if you've unsatted an event, because additional training results from that.

Come to think of it, that was the same horse-hockey they tried to feed my buddy after his unsat CQMV.

TL;DR My advice to you, OP, is to not • lie to your next employer.

Common sense tells me that if you fail to complete your training for performance reasons your PRIA is likely to take a hit. Or, you passed your graded evaluations but were mediocre or worse and were released without a PRIA hit. Are there folks that think they are in this second category when they aren't?

Are PRIA reports such a crapshoot with many carriers not responding or responding incompletely that applicants are just rolling the dice that fails won't catch up to them?

I imagine that there are double-or-nothing situations where fails are lost and don't make a PRIA report if you bounce back and make it to the fleet.

That isn't true, at all.

Well, I guess it depends on where you work, but here's a limited summary of what mine looks like. This is the transcript from the Mormon Crew Qualification and Training System, your airline's format may vary.

Unsatisfactory events (knock on wood, never have had one and am not fixing to) would be denoted as "U" in the far right column. It's also obvious to anyone conversationally fluent in AQP if you've unsatted an event, because additional training results from that.
View attachment 48706
Come to think of it, that was the same horse-hockey they tried to feed my buddy after his unsat CQMV.
Yeah, like I said I had no idea what showed up and what didn't and never even knew what it looked like until this post so thanks for posting.

Are PRIA reports such a crapshoot with many carriers not responding or responding incompletely that applicants are just rolling the dice that fails won't catch up to them?
I don't know, to be honest.

SkyWest were very prompt in providing my records to the Yellow Bus Factory. In the record provided is also a letter stating that my separation from employment was "resignation - voluntary - eligible for rehire," signed by me at my exit interview and countersigned by my chief pilot on the same day. The file also includes several years of drug and alcohol testing records, and the training transcript continued as advertised for 5 years.

There was some flamage where the Company managed to include a letter of instruction that was not related to the person's performance as a pilot in the PRIA record and whee, off to the races we went, on Life After SkyWest the other day. (The Company are absolved from liability and may require you to sign a waiver stating such, though they cannot sit on your records and must provide them despite the absence of the waiver...because the immunity is in the statute, duh.) But my experience with the Pilot Records people was very good, albeit somewhat slow. In fact, now that I look at the rest of it, it took them about a month to get this done from the time that I sent the signed request forms back to NK's designated agents (who knows, how fast they turned it around) to the time that they sent over the paperwork.

Still, prompt enough.

So, failing to report a PRIA event isn't a PRIA event?

Okay, enough aviation talk, I'm going to go on an overnight drunk, and in 10 days I'm going to set out to find the shark that ate my friend and destroy it.
Termination for other than honorable mentions, to put it in MIL terms, certainly would be.

Yeah I’m not sure where I lied. If there was a spot on application that said anything about unsatisfactory simulator I would’ve put that...if I missed that box that’s on me. But I did not knowingly or intentionally lie knowing that everything has a record that can be tracked.

Yeah I’m not sure where I lied. If there was a spot on application that said anything about unsatisfactory simulator I would’ve put that...if I missed that box that’s on me. But I did not knowingly or intentionally lie knowing that everything has a record that can be tracked.
What was the question on the application, Holmes?

The sad part is that AQP was never envisioned as a jeopardy system. “Incomplete” was never mean to mean “failed”.

Unfortunately, like many things the FAA does that was probably reasonable at the start, AQP has been perverted into something else.

Now instead of eliminating the jeopardy, or even one check ride jeopardy of 121, EVERY AQP event is now a jeopardy event. Every sim, every procedures training, everything.

That’s not the way it was sold, but I’m sure that comes a zero surprise to anyone that’s been around the rodeo more than once.

That’s not the way it was sold, but I’m sure that comes a zero surprise to anyone that’s been around the rodeo more than once.
I always found it hilarious when people at the Whiz denigrated non-AQP programs because:
  • there were no "non-jeopardy" trips to that schoolhouse—literally everything was a checking event beyond initial, with little in the way of honest to goodness training that happened, and
  • there was no perceptible difference between the non-AQP programs I went through and the AQP programs I went through, literally under the same roof.
"Well they don't have AQP!!!1111one" is an idiot reason to not go to (employer whoever). :)

I always found it hilarious when people at the Whiz denigrated non-AQP programs because:
  • there were no "non-jeopardy" trips to that schoolhouse—literally everything was a checking event beyond initial, with little in the way of honest to goodness training that happened, and
  • there was no perceptible difference between the non-AQP programs I went through and the AQP programs I went through, literally under the same roof.
"Well they don't have AQP!!!1111one" is an idiot reason to not go to (employer whoever). :)

At this point, I’d see that as a plus. Just as sometimes Part 61 is the way to go if you want less hassle.

Back