Career Changer

bluSkye

Is age 65 a limiting Factor; Part 135, Corporate, Part 91 ?
Best training for ME Commercial in Northeast or other?
Want quality training with syllabus, C-310, Seneca, Apache , 2007T does it matter?

You can fly Part 91 and Part 135 after age 65. Realistically, you probably won’t want to: normal aging and the desire to pursue personal interests might compel you to stop flying for a living around 65. That’s not to say that people don’t fly for a living well past 65, but there aren’t great numbers of them.

Is age 65 a limiting Factor; Part 135, Corporate, Part 91 ?
Best training for ME Commercial in Northeast or other?
Want quality training with syllabus, C-310, Seneca, Apache , 2007T does it matter?

Welcome to the site. I've never been up there, but Action Multi in Groton, CT seems to have a good reputation. 90% of my civilian instructing here in NC is Commercial Multi Add-ons. Your profile says you're private with 850 hours. I'd say no matter what you do, study for and pass the commercial written before you try to enroll in a flight syllabus. It won't a slow, steady 40 hour marathon like your private and instrument.

The only flying one should do after 65 is the taildragger you own, to see the country when you want.

Not to say you can’t be a good pilot after 65, but work to live, don’t live for work.

Back