Career change in progress and blog

N1ksa

I know a lot of people here have questions about changing careers....I figured since some have posted their own experiences, etc. I would even throw my $0.02 in. I'm 27, fortunately was able to move back in with the rents to save some $$$, am paying for a portion of my flight training on my own and took out a career training loan for the remainder that I can't afford to pay myself. I work a regular full time job, 4 10-hour days fortunately. Leaving me with a 3 day weekend where I fly 4 times per week. It is just shy of 3 months and I am 5 short flights away from going up for my private. I plan to go full boat with all of my ratings.

I am flying out of KOWD with Horizon Aviation. I absolutely love it! Here's a link to my blog that I update on a regular basis after each lesson, mainly to keep my family and friends informed of what I am doing. But, also for anyone else who is curious about the process and what I am going through. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

http://adams-flight-training.blogspot.com/

I'm kind of taking the same road as you are man. I live with my parents. Hey, it's not that bad.....free housing allows you to save some green. I'm 22 by the way. Once I finish college I will hopefully have most of my rating....just lacking hours....even once I land a job flying.....if I get lucky....I'll still live at home if the commute isn't too bad. At least until I can save up some cash.

Radek is still there and doing well. I have my end of course instrument check ride with him this weekend. Heading right into Comm next. I've got 5 hours of the 120 down so far!

Back