Caravan Headset

dvtpilot

Anyone have any reviews on using the Halo or the Denali in the Caravan? I'm getting tired of doing 7.1 on the hobbs with the old DC 13.4s every day, but I'm not ready to pony up 1K out of the food and beer money just yet.

Thoughts?

Never flown a caravan, but I really love my CA. I've heard good things about the Lightspeed Sierra as well, and it's pretty comparable pricewise to the two options you named.

Bose payment plan. Problem solved. Worth it.
I bought mine 5 1/2 years ago when I started flying the Van and it was awesome. Sadly my career has regressed back in to the Van but I still love my Bose (they worked great in the ATR and the ERJ, too).
Their customer service is second to none.

You can take advantage of light speeds trade up program that will knock a bit off the sierras (which are a great budget alternative to the zulu2s)

I own a clarity aloft headset and I fly the the VAN! I love this headset it quiet and comfortable, If your doing 7.1 hrs a day its nice to take the headset off and not have it feel like its still there.

I have the 1st gen. Flightcom Denali's. Great for local flights, but I hit my max fatigue in the Seminole at around 3.5 hours....7.1 might be a little too much. I'd recommend the A20's or Zulu's.

I'd highly recommend the Bose A20's with the 1 year interest free payment plan. On some days I fly as much as 9 hours in the Caravan so always thankful to have a comfortable high quality headset like this.

I can sell you a helmet for cheap! ;)

I have some flightcom denali's from 02' that seem okay when I get a chance to use them.

As others have said, the plane really is pretty quiet.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Running personal original Zulus in a Garavan and they are great, the company has both Bose and Zulus available to use and the Bose seem to sit in a box in the hanger. Also Bose fail the Dash 2 test an Zulus don't have the slightest flutter.

I'm flying with QT Halos and they are fantastic. Hardly notice they are on my head, even after 9 hours in the plane. Awesome customer support from the company also.

Finally got around to reading that. I'm assuming you thought no one would because the entire article has NOTHING to do with auditory damage in relation to using an active noise canceling headset.
What you did was google for a scholarly article with noise canceling in it, and found a long article you figured we'd all TL;DR. Because the article does talk about noise canceling, but it talks about the natural noise canceling our body has and how the various things that cause tinnitus break parts of that down.
See, I have actually been curious as to how much better, active noise canceling protects our hearing, so I was genuinely interested to read the evidence behind your claim. To bad. What you did here was insult the intelligence of at least me and Beef. What's real funny, is now I'm quite sure you are the one who hasn't the slightest clue as to what you are talking about. Not only that, but if I'm wrong about the googling for a random article for deception, then you're just a moron. So you're either insulting us or are stupid. Which is it?

Well said z987k. Well put, indeed.
I have a friend in the recording industry that uses ANR headsets sometimes while he's working alone in the studio trying to autotune some hack with industry money behind her trying to turn out the latest smoking hot, no talent, future coke addicted teenie bopper and he actually does suffer from hearing damage from years of being in bands. His ear doc (has tubes in his ears too) told him that using the ANR headset while working will actually prolong his hearing instead of trying to use the studio speakers when mixing.

Back