Captain's Creed

mrivc211

I was going to put this into the Airline Pilots forum. but when I thought about it, it pertains to all pilots. From the ground up.

I cannot discuss the origins of this topic, but one thing I can divulge is a comment that really stood out to me and my beliefs. I hope that this finds you in a time of need.

Captain's Creed

No one is more professional than I. I am a Captain - a leader of a flight crew whose purpose is to keep my passengers, crew and airplane safe.

My decisions are the difference between life and death for both my passengers and my Company.

I am the master of my emotions. No one controls my mood but me.

I will conduct myself to bring credit to myself, my Company and my profession at all times.

I will not compromise my integrity or safety for any reason.

I am a leader. I am a professional. I am a Captain.

For those of you that know where this comes from, I ask for your support. Because if we don't take it back, its gone forever.

CEO Creed

No one is compensated more than I. I am the CEO - leader of the company whose purpose is to keep me in the lifestyle of which I have become accustomed to.

My decisions are the critical to balance the organization with the lowest expense vs the highest revenue. If I have to step on my employees or customers to achieve the end result I will.

I am the master of my emotions. No one controls my mood but me. I care not what anyone else thinks.

I will conduct myself to bring credit to myself, my bank account at all times.

I will compromise my integrity or safety for the end justifies the means.

I am a dictator. I am a professional. I am the CEO.

- The PILOT always makes The Rules.
- The Rules are subject to change at any time without notification.
- No CO-PILOT can possibly know all The Rules.
- If the PILOT suspects the CO-PILOT knows all The Rules, he must immediately change some or all of The Rules.
- The PILOT is never wrong.
- If the PILOT is wrong, it is due to a misunderstanding which was a direct result of something the CO-PILOT did or said wrong.
- The CO-PILOT must apologize immediately for causing said misunderstanding.
- The PILOT may change his mind at any time.
- The CO-PILOT must never change his mind without the express written consent of the PILOT.
- The PILOT has every right to be angry or upset at any time.
- The CO-PILOT must remain calm at all times unless the PILOT wants him to be angry and/or upset.
- The CO-PILOT is expected to mind read at all times.
- The PILOT is ready when he is ready.
- The CO-PILOT must be ready at all times.
- Any attempt to document The Rules could result in bodily harm.
- The CO-PILOT who doesn't abide by The Rules is grounded.

The co-pilot takes the fat one, always buys dinner, and doesn't pick which room he wants on the overnight.

I am the freightdog, nobody is good enough to be in my presence so I fly with box's that I can do with what I please.

I care not about your time needs, only if I will miss free breakfast at the hotel shall I care.

I am a professional, that is why I limit my shirt to only 10 stains or 1/5th the total square footage of said shirt.

I am the freightdog, grovel in front of me.

And I'm the flight dispatcher. Y'all get your asses off the internet and get back to WORK! :)

:sarcasm:

I am the freightdog, nobody is good enough to be in my presence so I fly with box's that I can do with what I please.

I care not about your time needs, only if I will miss free breakfast at the hotel shall I care.

I am a professional, that is why I limit my shirt to only 10 stains or 1/5th the total square footage of said shirt.

I am the freightdog, grovel in front of me.

I am the freight dawg. Koo Koo Ka Choo.

I was going to put this into the Airline Pilots forum. but when I thought about it, it pertains to all pilots. From the ground up.

I cannot discuss the origins of this topic, but one thing I can divulge is a comment that really stood out to me and my beliefs. I hope that this finds you in a time of need.

Captain's Creed

No one is more professional than I. I am a Captain - a leader of a flight crew whose purpose is to keep my passengers, crew and airplane safe.
My decisions are the difference between life and death for both my passengers and my Company.
I am the master of my emotions. No one controls my mood but me.
I will conduct myself to bring credit to myself, my Company and my profession at all times.
I will not compromise my integrity or safety for any reason.
I am a leader. I am a professional. I am a Captain.

For those of you that know where this comes from, I ask for your support. Because if we don't take it back, its gone forever.

The highlighted portion is the exact first line from the U.S. Army Non-Commissioned Officer's Creed. An NCO is a Sergeant, for those not savvy to the lingo.

I remember them making us recite it every day at the NCO Academy. I was in a discussion on another board earlier about how better leadership skills, not just management, would make for better Captains, First Officers, and Corporate managers as well.

Here's the original, complete NCO creed that it would appear the Captain's Creed is based on:

NCO Creed

No one is more professional than I. I am a Noncommissioned Officer, a leader of soldiers. As a Noncommissioned Officer, I realize that I am a member of a time honored corps, which is known as "The Backbone of the Army". I am proud of the Corps of Noncommissioned Officers and will at all times conduct myself so as to bring credit upon the Corps, the Military Service and my country regardless of the situation in which I find myself. I will not use my grade or position to attain pleasure, profit, or personal safety.

Competence is my watchword. My two basic responsibilities will always be uppermost in my mind -- accomplishment of my mission and the welfare of my soldiers. I will strive to remain tactically and technically proficient. I am aware of my role as a Noncommissioned Officer. I will fulfill my responsibilities inherent in that role. All soldiers are entitled to outstanding leadership; I will provide that leadership. I know my soldiers and I will always place their needs above my own. I will communicate consistently with my soldiers and never leave them uninformed. I will be fair and impartial when recommending both rewards and punishment.

Officers of my unit will have maximum time to accomplish their duties; they will not have to accomplish mine. I will earn their respect and confidence as well as that of my soldiers. I will be loyal to those with whom I serve; seniors, peers, and subordinates alike. I will exercise initiative by taking appropriate action in the absence of orders. I will not compromise my integrity, nor my moral courage. I will not forget, nor will I allow my comrades to forget that we are professionals, Noncommissioned Officers, leaders!

Back