Capt Qualfied F/O program at TransStates Airlines

Is the CQFO Program a good idea?

• Total voters

Snow

'Not a new member'
What does everyone think of this program? Per their website.

If you've spent years waiting to upgrade at another regional, our Captain Qualified First Officer program is for you. This program allows pilots who meet Captain requirements to fly as either a Captain or a First Officer, depending on the airline’s scheduling needs. Captain Qualified First Officers (CQFOs) earn $49.33 per flight hour when flying as a First Officer and $62.84 per flight hour when flying as a Captain.

I been out of the airline business for a year, but the idea of returning with pay higher than I made as a 7yr F/O AND get PIC time right off the bat, a very tempting proposition indeed.

Also anyone have any thoughts about TransStates in general? I don't know much about them other than having flown on one of their Jetstreams years ago out of STL.

I was a CQFO, almost everything they told us was false, my buddies that are sitll there despise it. I was in the first class exactly a year ago and left for a Fractional about 3 months ago.

I flew ~250 hrs left seat and 15 hrs right seat in about 7 months on the line..but that was only for the first 10-15 of us not for the next 100. I promise you, you will only fly as Captain once every few months, you will be on the FO list and will get right seat time only through open time(which you won't get)

yes it's higher pay but the growth is almost done if not completely done so you won't have a true upgrade for at least 2 years....

good luck with your decision

What if airlines qualified their pilots in both seats, and the senior pilot takes the left seat on each pairing?

What if airlines qualified their pilots in both seats, and the senior pilot takes the left seat on each pairing?
what about if the pilot picked it up in open time, what if it was a reassignment what if, it was just for one letg and not a whole 4 day....these are scenarios that happened all the time and scheduling DOESN'T CARE!

don't me started on the pay issues....

plus it has a higher than usual ratio of dbags (remember they were not a "choice" regional 2 years ago, so they didn't get the ideal talent)

Depends what you are looking for. Most of the cqfo I fly with are bidding as an FO. They get a line and are able to pick up at 200 percent. If you're looking to get pic then I wouldn't get your hopes up too much. But we are getting more aircrafts now, since we already staffed the American flying.

I don't even have an atp or the time to get one but I received a mailing from them about this program. I would post a picture of it but it won't load on this webpage.

I don't even have an atp or the time to get one but I received a mailing from them about this program. I would post a picture of it but it won't load on this webpage.

Don't feel bad. Almost three years in and I got one. Skywest did the same thing a few months ago. Shoot when your CFI or medical is about to expire, companies will mail you stuff.

Not to thread hijack, but I'd look into CommutAir. While we're not actively advertising DECs, it's going to happen-- at a higher pay and QoL than TSA and preferential interview at United. And you'll actually be a left seat flying captain, not a right-seater.

Not to thread hijack, but I'd look into CommutAir. While we're not actively advertising DECs, it's going to happen-- at a higher pay and QoL than TSA and preferential interview at United. And you'll actually be a left seat flying captain, not a right-seater.

I thought a bunch of "captains" were flying right seat at commutair due to staffing.

For almost $50 in the right seat, and training pay $35.81/hr and 75hours a month, its a significant pay raise for most 3-4 year regional FO's out there. Training alone would be a pay raise

I thought a bunch of "captains" were flying right seat at commutair due to staffing.

As Chris said, 5%, yeah, so just a few guys. But none of that matters anymore with the addition of 40-60 airframes and hundreds of new pilots. We'll need DECs.

Back