CAPT Grounded - Karma Prevails!

Flying Ninja

Need More Flight Time!
[FONT=&quot]http://aero-news.net/index.cfm?ContentBlockID=54b6fc63-1e7a-4ff8-a45f-a38f6f68428d&

http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/Flagler/flaHEAD02FLAG012609.htm

Man, I can't wait for this program to take a dirt nap for good. I just feel really bad for all their students...wish I had a way to warn them that the snake oil they bought was the same brand of BS that burned me and some others! They took my money, and my dream to fly for a career! They lied about all those "guaranteed interviews" from the beginning! My 10-12 months turned out to be over 18 months! And the student they interviewed is estimating his/her "1-year program" to be a possible 2-year program!! I hope he packed enough cash in his luggage to take him/her through that extra year!

As I said in the past, stay the hell away from this CRAPT program! Karma man...I'm going out for a beer to celebrate their demise! Spread the word! CAPT is definitely NOT the place you want to send anyone for flight training!
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]http://aero-news.net/index.cfm?ContentBlockID=54b6fc63-1e7a-4ff8-a45f-a38f6f68428d&

http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/Flagler/flaHEAD02FLAG012609.htm

Man, I can't wait for this program to take a dirt nap for good. I just feel really bad for all their students...wish I had a way to warn them that the snake oil they bought was the same brand of BS that burned me and some others! They took my money, and my dream to fly for a career! They lied about all those "guaranteed interviews" from the beginning! My 10-12 months turned out to be over 18 months! And the student they interviewed is estimating his/her "1-year program" to be a possible 2-year program!! I hope he packed enough cash in his luggage to take him/her through that extra year!

As I said in the past, stay the hell away from this CRAPT program! Karma man...I'm going out for a beer to celebrate their demise! Spread the word! CAPT is definitely NOT the place you want to send anyone for flight training!
[/FONT]

So have you ever heard the saying "If it's too good to be true?"...

[/FONT]

Im curious why did it take you so much longer than planned. If you were the only one to stay over then it seems like your fault than the schools. I flight instruct at Daytona and hear you guys all the time, what are the issued with the program? Did it take longer because of the school screwing you over or what? BTW why did they choose the Cirrus as a training plane? Seems kind of an expensive training plane.

Im curious why did it take you so much longer than planned. If you were the only one to stay over then it seems like your fault than the schools. I flight instruct at Daytona and hear you guys all the time, what are the issued with the program? Did it take longer because of the school screwing you over or what? BTW why did they choose the Cirrus as a training plane? Seems kind of an expensive training plane.

Seems to me they might wanna switch "airline partners" for their "guaranteed interviews." ASA - furloughing. TSA - furloughing. Eagle - MIGHT hire later this year. Pinnacle - CA downgrades and leaves of absences. GoJets - well, they're hiring.

Man 3 forums on 3 different websites? This place must have really upset you? I have a few former students instructing there and they seem to be doing well?

Man 3 forums on 3 different websites? This place must have really upset you? I have a few former students instructing there and they seem to be doing well?

If you're a CFI at the CAPT program, you're not paying them a ton of money. They are paying you. Of course you'd be doing well.

It took just about all of the cadets longer than planned because of CAPT incompetence in management of the program. It wasn't only me that got delayed. It was everyone!

Why did they choose a Cirrus? Same mentality that has landed them in hot water with the media, Flagler County, Embry-Riddle, and the impending doom they are feeling. I knew that was a bad idea the second they announced it. But it's that kind of flashy crap that they sell and the same root cause to their problems today.

Anyway, CAPT is not a place to send students to flight training. It's simply not worth it.

He also failed to notice a thread had already been started in a more appropriate, if less sexy, section of this board. But, hey, no need to toot my own horn. :rolleyes:

"Kokai said the company is aware that any disruption of operations could have a serious impact on its students. "While we are always concerned about the welfare of the students, and have thought through plans for worst-case scenarios, we are focused on the success of CAPT right now," he said."

Yep, that sounds like the Kokai I used know. I feel bad for the students, but I have no remorse for the executive director. I used to work for the guy, and I'm glad to see his management style coming full circle to haunt him. Riddle will probably take him back, god knows they need the help to screw the students there too.

Flying Ninja, I bet you're having your day in the sun. Have a brew for me.

Seems to me they might wanna switch "airline partners" for their "guaranteed interviews." ASA - furloughing. TSA - furloughing. Eagle - MIGHT hire later this year. Pinnacle - CA downgrades and leaves of absences. GoJets - well, they're hiring.

SCAM-ALAMA-DING-DONG! :rawk:

Kokai is not the only one that has failed before. The current and previous director of flight operations and the chief pilot all failed or bankrupted their previous companies.

Also, how about the 4 SR20's they crashed in 2008, two complete loses.

Things that make you say "hmmm!!!!"

Stratopilot, you bet I'm having a field day with this! It's like...a sense of justice from the universe!

Mach Tuck, you are absolutely correct. The previous management started the program, and tanked it. Unfortunately for the universe, FTSI bought up the program and continued the dysfunctional program. And I do recall some cadet (initials J.M. who went to TSA) boasting to me about how the CAPT program was going to be this awesome program with 50 Cirrus and all these brand new Seminoles rolling off the Piper factory floors decked out with G1000's. Yeah, I wonder what he thinks of his faith in the program and his ill placed predictions. To the rest of the world, stay away from CAPT! Grab your marshmellows and sticks...there's going to be one hell of a bonfire where CAPT's facility is now when the dust settles.

Let's remember that there are a lot of good people--flight instructors, support staff and students--whom this could really hurt in the short term. Tone down the rhetoric.

I feel bad for those students.
The flight instructors, if us citizens, will land on their feet with out a problem.

Back