CAP? What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuy

I'm sort of borderline on joining the Civil Air Patrol. On one hand, I am always motivated to learn new things, people, and experiences. But on the other hand, I am also unknowing of what one really does in CAP. I looked at their website and saw that on avg the squadron meets 2.5 hours weekly and a Saturday. But hat I really want to know is, from those of you who are in CAP or know someone his is an active member: what do you do in those 2.5 (average of course) hours which you meet weekly and how often do you get to fly? For right now, the only flying I have done has been at the FBO which I am instrument training currently, and I am looking for a way to incorporate CAP into my weekly routine. Any pros and cons (if any)?

I'm sort of borderline on joining the Civil Air Patrol. On one hand, I am always motivated to learn new things, people, and experiences. But on the other hand, I am also unknowing of what one really does in CAP. I looked at their website and saw that on avg the squadron meets 2.5 hours weekly and a Saturday. But hat I really want to know is, from those of you who are in CAP or know someone his is an active member: what do you do in those 2.5 (average of course) hours which you meet weekly and how often do you get to fly? For right now, the only flying I have done has been at the FBO which I am instrument training currently, and I am looking for a way to incorporate CAP into my weekly routine. Any pros and cons (if any)?

use the search function. numerous threads already on it, same old arguments. keywords CAP, Civil Air Patrol, etc.

In fact, here's a listing of all the threads:

http://forums.jetcareers.com/search.php?searchid=1727871

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back