Can the Airlines and Air Force Collaborate for Mutual Benefit?

Meh.
I wrote up a long diatribe but I just don't care enough.

I'm not in the Air Force, and for that I'm glad.

How do you know?
I'm glad you asked. Back in 2014 the Air Force said we are overmanned in the pilot career field so they offered all these severance packages and waive all commitments for us to leave. A bunch of us take the severance and go to the airlines. 6 months later the Air Force claims it has a pilot shortage....right after they said they had too many and let us leave.

The air force chews off it's own foot. They do all these surveys about retention and ignore the results because it's not what they want to hear. It's about QUALITY OF LIFE, not money. Everyone says it in the survey, yet the air force things throwing more money at the problem will make it go away.

I'm glad you asked. Back in 2014 the Air Force said we are overmanned in the pilot career field so they offered all these severance packages and waive all commitments for us to leave. A bunch of us take the severance and go to the airlines. 6 months later the Air Force claims it has a pilot shortage....right after they said they had too many and let us leave.

The air force chews off it's own foot. They do all these surveys about retention and ignore the results because it's not what they want to hear. It's about QUALITY OF LIFE, not money. Everyone says it in the survey, yet the air force things throwing more money at the problem will make it go away.

Yup. My class at Air Beachball in 2015 had quite a few of those guys who took the early out.

Back