Can I log level D sim time?

guardguy

I have almost 200 hours of full motion level D C130J time, can this be logged towards anything? I.E. 135 mins or ATP mins? Thanks-

Then the answer is yes on both accounts. If you need the level D sim time for total time or ATP mins yes...also you know that you can take the mil comp exam at any FAA knowledge test facility to convert your mil wings to civ certificate right? then make an appointment at the nearest FSDO and they will issue you a temporary airmen certificate.

Thanks. I already have all my civilian ratings, got those prior to joining the military. I couldn't find any regs that said I could count my level d sim time towards total hours for an ATP or 135 mins, any idea where I can find them?

Thanks. I already have all my civilian ratings, got those prior to joining the military. I couldn't find any regs that said I could count my level d sim time towards total hours for an ATP or 135 mins, any idea where I can find them?
They're in the FAR under part 61 for the ATP. You won't be able to credit all your sim time, but I'll let you read up on it for yourself. ;)

There's no such animal though for part 135 mins. They require (for IFR) 1200 hours of "flight time as a pilot."

Back