Can I carry this on....

thepedroid

And not get harassed by TSA. My dad is giving me his Plath marine sextant from when he was a merchant mariner. I can't check it because it is fragile so I was wondering if anyone thinks this will pass security. it has a circular horizon glass and a rectangular index mirror.

The last thing I need is for TSA to confiscate it or want me to check it. this is what it looks like.

I fly out of SEA today in about 6 hours and he just decided to give it to me.

any insight would be appreciated.

CPBRNZECLASSICSIDVW%20002.JPG

How large is it? If it'll fit under your seat or in an overhead, I can't see a problem.

I used to work ramp for Alaska at SEA. Those TSA guys are jokes. They'll probably want to take it because they don't know any better. Any possbility of shipping it FedEx or UPS?

i'd ship it just to be safe....have your dad go to one of those UPS mail places and have them package it up so it's covered and done right. it should arrive just fine.

it's in a hard case with a handle about 12x13x8 that locks with a skeleton key. I know it will fit under a seat, i'm mostly worried about the TSA. I may just ship it the next time i'm out here. My dad would hate for it to get lost or damaged.

btw...thanks again dough and kristie. that g4 worked great for jeannine's classes.

Back